Does anyone else have this problem???

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunny Do Ranch

Reaction score
Around our place none of our calves poop-well at least the ones nursing. The only way you would know we have calves is to see them. Our 2 dogs eat it as fast as it comes out. The problem is that it is making the older dog fat and she can't catch the coyotes as good. I really don't want to tie her up as she helps me outside but I can't watch her constantly when I am outside. I guess it is like candy to them or something. So gross :shock: Does anyone else have this problem?

Can't say I got that problem but I guess its better than Fido rolling in it and then wanting to get a back rub. :lol2:

I have one that started that, I put a shock collar on him and dosed him every time he went to have some. To this day he goes the other direction when he sees a pile of _hit. :wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: My first out loud laugh of the day! Maybe you should rent him out in the local paper. Could be a money maker. :lol2:

Walt

We used to have one that would eat it's own poop if you didn't pick it up right away. My wife hated it but I always thought of it as the perfect dog..... don't have to clean up after it and don't have to feed it as much.

Along the same lines, I remember a time years ago when I was working on my uncle's farm. Had a touch of the flu and one morning on the way to the barn I had to stop and upchuck in the drive. The dogs came over and cleaned it up real fast. As you might expect, that just made things worse for me. :D

VanC":dvmmj75j said:
Along the same lines, I remember a time years ago when I was working on my uncle's farm. Had a touch of the flu and one morning on the way to the barn I had to stop and upchuck in the drive. The dogs came over and cleaned it up real fast. As you might expect, that just made things worse for me. :D

This is by far one of the most disgusting things I have ever read. (They don't even have an appropriate smiley for this one - a little face gagging would be suiting).

Hunny Do Ranch":wwtlrlgl said:
Around our place none of our calves poop-well at least the ones nursing. The only way you would know we have calves is to see them. Our 2 dogs eat it as fast as it comes out. The problem is that it is making the older dog fat and she can't catch the coyotes as good. I really don't want to tie her up as she helps me outside but I can't watch her constantly when I am outside. I guess it is like candy to them or something. So gross :shock: Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes. My last dog had hip dyspacia and we had to keep her weight down. Unfortunately her shots were due at calving. I'd go in and he'd say she was a little chubby and I'd say "Calving season.". That explained it all. Our puppy we have now I am trying to teach not to eat the "goodies" she finds in the field.

Latest posts