Do you have a boat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Water smoothes things out has been my experience. This is a big boat weekend in Texas. I've had more fun in a lil aluminum boat at the coast as any! Show me your boat. Wear your life jacket this weekend! :)

I've had them from 10 foot jons up through a 21 foot cuddy cabing with I/O. Seems like the description of "a hole in the wanter into which you through money" was pretty accurate with some of them through the years. I've always like the term "BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand" wehn it came to repairs.

True story--------I had a flat bottom river john. I never really used the thing much, so I loaned it to friend. He had it so long, that when he got a divorce his wife ended up with it. I learned then that divorces can be expensive.

Bigfoot":1tnl053f said:
True story--------I had a flat bottom river john. I never really used the thing much, so I loaned it to friend. He had it so long, that when he got a divorce his wife ended up with it. I learned then that divorces can be expensive.
Yea...I got a canoe like that but this thread is about boats....:)

Nope.....don't have one and don't want one. Back when I was in my 20's I thought I wanted one but never got around to buying one.

Yep, a 22' tunnel hull flats boat with a 150 Evinrude. Use it at least once a month. Just put a new trolling motor on it that is slick. Trolling motor has a "spot lock" feature that holds you on the hole without using an anchor.

They say the two happiest times of a boat owners life is when he buys the boat and when he sells it. I think the only reason I would sell mine is to buy another one.

lavacarancher":37fqo03d said:
Yep, a 22' tunnel hull flats boat with a 150 Evinrude. Use it at least once a month. Just put a new trolling motor on it that is slick. Trolling motor has a "spot lock" feature that holds you on the hole without using an anchor.

They say the two happiest times of a boat owners life is when he buys the boat and when he sells it. I think the only reason I would sell mine is to buy another one.
That lock deal is slick. If it's like mine you can set a path that you've taken and the motor will repeat it and take you through the same places like before. NEAT

Had a 14ft starcraft with 20hp motor. Nephew used it told him to use safety chains. Well about five minutes later I get a call the boats in the refuge. Asked did you have the safety chains hooked up no only one would hook up :mad: I guess to a teenager that means don't hook any up :) Trucker said it most have come off the ground 15 ft and landed in the water upright. Heck there was a bluegill in the boat when I went to get it out of there :eek: Motor survived Got a 16ft lund now.

dun":o4956bm8 said:
lavacarancher":o4956bm8 said:

That lock deal is slick. If it's like mine you can set a path that you've taken and the motor will repeat it and take you through the same places like before. NEAT

That's the one. It is neat. Haven't learned how to use the "track" feature yet but I'll figure it out.

Kingfisher":2442kz3r said:
Water smoothes things out has been my experience. This is a big boat weekend in Texas. I've had more fun in a lil aluminum boat at the coast as any! Show me your boat. Wear your life jacket this weekend! :)

I can't remember when I didn't own a boat started with a 16 foot Lamar.
Went to a 17 foot Whaler.
Currently have 2 both Carolina Skiffs a J16 with a 25 Yamaha
and a 19 foot DLV with a 120 Suzuki.
The J16 is going up for sale next week.
If I can convince the wife to sell out I want to move somewhere between Lake Jackson
and Victoria. Rosharon area would be ok as well.

Got an 82 16` bass tracker I picked up a few years ago for 400.00 traded a little 380 for a 72 70hp Johnson. I redecked and carpeted it. Some new seats and last year I put a 400 trolling motor on it. Got maybe 1500 in it. It will fish all day and run like a scalded dog. I use it 3 or 4 times a month. I like pretty boats just don't want to pay for one. Fish don't bite better for folks in fancy boats.

I've got a 19 ft aluminum center console called a boatright . It has a 140 suzuki 4 stroke . I run the marsh a lot and flounder gig mostly with it . I can't go out when it's real windy but I rarely fish the bay anymore I prefer flounder fishing .

Latest posts