Diets suck!

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Been trying to drop some weight since January, did good for a bit, but now I have gained some back, any body have some good diet plans out there? My weakness is sweets, especially the chewey gummi candy. Plus i know they say drink 8 glasses of H2O a day, but that is real hard for me to do.

GMN

If it helps to think of it this way, you only need 4 bottles of water per day. (most are 16.9 oz or so) Chug one in the morning and one in the evening. Keep water next to you all day and take a swig every time you think about it. The other two bottles will be gone in no time.

They say you should eat 6 small meals per day rather than a couple large ones. I realize this might not be realistic for most but i do think they are on to something. At least it seems to work for me.

Say no to gummi bears!!! Since thats probably not possible I would ration. Buy one package per week and thats it. At first they will probably be gone right away and no gummis fr the rest of the week. A couple weeks of that and i think they will start lasting.

Keep in mind this is only what i would do. I am not trying to lose weight so these suggestions are not coming from a successful weight loss program. Its just what i do anyway and i stay thin so somethings working lol. Good luck! :tiphat:

I think the water thing is probably an urban myth (just going to lose water weight). Best thing to do is exercise. My Dad eats popcorn (not buttered or salted) when he was on his diet and wanted to snack. They say eating more but smaller meals is go.

Just exercise though. Get out and walk. You may not lose weight from taht alone but it will make you feel better.

try walking for 30mins after the morning an evening milking.an lay off the gummie bears an sweets.

Gail the rule for most good diets is that if it doesn't fly, swim or taste like $h1t you can't have it. :lol2: :lol2:

Diet and exercise will replace fat with muscle - muscle tissue is more dense than fat tissue - as you get healthier you may gain some weight or at least have trouble losing - but you will still be healthier! Don't obsess with weighing - weight fluctuates too much throughout a day and from day to day. It's usually recommended that you weigh no more than once a week and do it early in the morning and not after the weekend. You just have to find something that works for you and stick with it.

Just quit making time to repair fences. You will lose plenty of weight when you are running cattle out of the highway 5 minutes before church starts. :x

The best thing I've found is Atkins but... WARNING... by about the 4th day you want to kill someone for a piece of cantaloupe!!! It really does work though...(I should probably get back on it)...sigh...

Miss Daisy":2ua6kly6 said:
Wisteria Farms":2ua6kly6 said:
by about the 4th day you want to kill someone for a piece of cantaloupe!!!

I don't think I could go without cantaloupe! :heart:
I could lose weight on a cantaloupe diet for sure! I've tried it many times over the years and it just refuses to be swallowed - just crawls right back off the tongue. I can't even eat fruit salad that has cantaloupe in it. One or two slices of watermelon a year is also enough to do me. The grandkids 4-H market hogs love a little cantaloupe treat once in a while but it's hard to wrestle one away from the wife and I sure wouldn't want the meat to pick up any of that flavor!

It also helps if you don't eat late at night... knew a lady a few years back who lost 20lbs+ just by not eating anything after 7pm. I personally dislike going to bed on a full stomach and rarely eat much after 4pm; it definitely keeps the weight off.

My doctor gave me a diet once . It went pretty good till I figured out it was for a week .

Larry

milkmaid":1l3hh50u said:
It also helps if you don't eat late at night....
I used to lay in bed at night with a book and a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Cherry Garcia YUM!!!). Anyhow, I quit doing that. Lost all I wanted but 3 lbs which would not go. I started drinking water instead of diet coke ~ made all the difference in the world.
Give it a whirl ~ its a cheap enough diet :nod:

hillbilly beef man":3b2s43xj said:
Just quit making time to repair fences. You will lose plenty of weight when you are running cattle out of the highway 5 minutes before church starts. :x
Now this is a good plan. If the exercise don't get it, the aggravation will.

Eat less, move more. About 5 years ago I went on Sugar Busters and lost 40+ lbs, which I've actually managed to keep off. The problem with diets are.. you can't stay on them forever. So.. watch your portions! When you sit down to a meal, leave some on your plate. Make a point to stop as soon as you start feeling full. And like mm mentioned, don't eat late at night! I have to snack at about 8:00, but I use a little bitty bowl for measurement, and eat nuts or cool whip. (I know.. that sounds nasty, but works)

If I can check cows without the four wheeler, I'll walk. When I get a new ranch listing, I almost always walk it. It's easy to get lazy and drive everywhere, but heck, with the price of fuel, it's cheaper to walk also!

It takes TIME, so be patient and don't waiver! Eventually it will get easier to eat less, and you'll find yourself shrinking in no time.