Did ya know,

Help Support CattleToday:

AndyL":bdpb276z said:
That China is buying Smithfield Foods.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/c ... source=rss

I heard, don't know if it infact did happen. That China tried going into the hog business, and they killed all the hogs with what they were feeding to enhance growth.

China is ensuring supply. Just as I imagine China will end up farming most of Africa. When you have a zillion people, you think ahead and you try to avoid the Marie Antoinette case. Hungry minions aren't happy minions. The US intellectual class needs to understand this.

john250":13axys85 said:
The US intellectual class needs to understand this.
:nod: The premiere farm region OF THE WORLD is in a constant man made drought made worse this year by a natural drought and yet fields stay dry while water goes to sea to protect a fish and to LA to water golf courses.
In Africa everyone insists that their inability to feed themselves is political and not caused by the environment...
I have to wonder if we aren't headed the same way.

I just hope when China begins doing this they do it in an environmentally responsible manner with great consideration toward their carbon footprint on our mother earth. I'm sure they will. Its the only responsible thing to do. And so what if it slows progress and stymies growth and job creation.

john250":mh3v8g4y said:

I hope you aren't referring to that bunch of idiot lawyers up near Maryland as intellectuals.

John, I was invited to a ribbon cutting ceromony last week and there were all sorts of politicians and government people there all trying to push their way toward the big pair of scissors for the photo op. I slipped to the back and remained unseen because I was a bit confused over what all the fuss was about. Really don't understand what all the hoopla was about creating about 50 jobs for hispanic workers who will only be able to work a 20 hour work week when we just began closing the doors on another plant sending 300 full time employees to the house with the rest packing things up to move to Mexico. But then again, I'm not an itellectual so I'm sure I'm missing something.:???:

I have to wonder how it is the planet doesn't wobble in its orbit with all the lopsidedness of the distribution of the the different populations. India and china have got to be causing an imbalance. Maybe it's not global warmin afterall

Jogeephus":1cmvcep5 said:
I just hope when China begins doing this they do it in an environmentally responsible manner with great consideration toward their carbon footprint on our mother earth. I'm sure they will. Its the only responsible thing to do. And so what if it slows progress and stymies growth and job creation.

john250":1cmvcep5 said:

I hope you aren't referring to that bunch of idiot lawyers up near Maryland as intellectuals.

John, I was invited to a ribbon cutting ceromony last week and there were all sorts of politicians and government people there all trying to push their way toward the big pair of scissors for the photo op. I slipped to the back and remained unseen because I was a bit confused over what all the fuss was about. Really don't understand what all the hoopla was about creating about 50 jobs for hispanic workers who will only be able to work a 20 hour work week when we just began closing the doors on another plant sending 300 full time employees to the house with the rest packing things up to move to Mexico. But then again, I'm not an itellectual so I'm sure I'm missing something.:???:

Well, Jogeephus , I'm thinking about the foodies, Mike Polan, Mike Bittman, etc. And I have personal knowledge of a USDA Grant sitchyatin in Cleveland, Ohio which would curl hair. The grant recipient is a demo operative and he calls himself the Executive Director of his farm, :???:
There is so much Marie Antoinette thinking going on at USDA it would be funny...if it wasn't for that guiltine thing

Ok, I'm on the right page now. Well Bitman is an idiot too, just not a smart enough idiot to have a degree in law. This begs to question, does this make him a bigger idiot or less of an idiot? Nevertheless, still an idiot so I guess we were sortof on the same page afterall.

These foodies kill me. Recently met my first full fledged vegan. I was really intrigued by him. So much naivety all wrapped up in such a tiny package. As he enjoyed his tomato soup he complimented on how it was the best tomato soup he ever had. Had such a wonderful taste he said and the flavor was so rich. He asked the secret and the explanation was really quite simple. It was the heavy cream that was added to the soup. The look on his face was priceless. And yeah, I'm probably going to ...... but I'll be laughing.

Latest posts