Dewormer?

Help Support CattleToday:

not a whole lot of experience in dewormers but one thing for sure, DO NOT USE A POUR ON it can make all of their hair on their back fall out and it will take forever to grow it all back. I did that to the first steer i ever showed, it was really nasty. Just my input

rimranch":37agkk5r said:
not a whole lot of experience in dewormers but one thing for sure, DO NOT USE A POUR ON it can make all of their hair on their back fall out and it will take forever to grow it all back. I did that to the first steer i ever showed, it was really nasty. Just my input

We use pour on all the time. I have never had that happen, but individual calves may react a different way. We also use injectable ivermectrin. Works the best and gets the job done. :D

Colorado2008":2aauftu4 said:
rimranch":2aauftu4 said:

We use pour on all the time. I have never had that happen, but individual calves may react a different way. We also use injectable ivermectrin. Works the best and gets the job done. :D

We use a pour on called cydectin(sp??) its purple. but i have never had a problem with hair falling out. but we do use ivermectin and valbazen also. any of those are good.

It's best to not keep using the same thing over and over again. Mix it up a bit and switch between several different types.

Latest posts