Denver

Help Support CattleToday:

Avalon":3sll63nq said:
Thanks for the pics. Makes me wish I was there. I cant believe that there's no snow yet. What is the temp?
50 F at Coors field as I type this. 'Sposed ta hit 67 F tomorrow and then drop back off to 44 F on Friday. Gonna stay mid-forties all next week.

blackcowz":kqc8ddlc said:
Avalon":kqc8ddlc said:
Thanks for the pics. Makes me wish I was there. I cant believe that there's no snow yet. What is the temp?
50 F at Coors field as I type this. 'Sposed ta hit 67 F tomorrow and then drop back off to 44 F on Friday. Gonna stay mid-forties all next week.

Good for my son I guess. His College team will be up there next week (I think) for the judging contest. blackcowz, are you showing, exihibiting or selling? What breed? Thanks for the info...

Avalon":fhhsdd71 said:
blackcowz":fhhsdd71 said:
Avalon":fhhsdd71 said:

Good for my son I guess. His College team will be up there next week (I think) for the judging contest. blackcowz, are you showing, exihibiting or selling? What breed? Thanks for the info...
Yup, there's some collegiate judging going on up there. I hope to make it to the 4-H judging so I can get in some practice. None of the above. I got weather-bug on my desktop. :D However, I do go up there more than once each year to watch, look, and talk. Angus is my breed, and I might get a few up there in 2010.

My guess would be that when the fair started way back when, the winter time was the best time since there was probably nothing else to do. Most of the bull breeders would send their bulls by the train car load up to Denver, Ranchers would buy their future herd sires, meet up with old friends, and probably do a little partying.

Over the years the show has grown, but the time of year has stayed the same

VCC":zhznmn36 said:
My guess would be that when the fair started way back when, the winter time was the best time since there was probably nothing else to do. Most of the bull breeders would send their bulls by the train car load up to Denver, Ranchers would buy their future herd sires, meet up with old friends, and probably do a little partying.

Over the years the show has grown, but the time of year has stayed the same

I agree, Kansas City (Royal) in October, Louisville (NAILE) in November, Denver (NWSS) in January, Ft Worth after that. It probably was set up to work around harvest time and the subsequent off-season for those that would go.

Just got back from Denver yesterday. It snowed once, but otherwise the weather was great. I went for the Limousin to help a friend with his Limousin bulls. The did well with one pen, winning a class and getting reserve in their division. I got to see some awesome cattle. I didn't just limit my experience to Limousin though. I saw some Gelbvieh, hereford, red and black angus, shorthorn, and even some Piedmontese and lowline cattle. The best progeny of a limousin bull I saw where probably out of COLE Sudden Impact. There were many other good bulls though. The Angus bull COLE Precision had the best Lim-Flex cattle.

Latest posts