Deer

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN said:
All that food and shelter at her disposal..who would want to leave

exactly, nice shade, prime, fresh hay and green alfalfa just steps away.. Life is pretty good! I was surprised she didn't spook when I was driving in and out though

Dont' know if you can see it, but this is a little later, my mother was walking by and they were a few feet away from each other
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bgcyStN874fjiiAE9

76 Bar said:
Nesi needs to publish one of those glossy pictorial coffee table books. 8)

I'd need a camera that takes glossy pictures though.. cell phone cameras just don't cut it except for getting the idea of something

That's awesome! She's got it pretty good. We had a twin fawn get caught in an old cattle panel in the woods behind the house last year. Got it loose and mama & the twins hung out around the house until hunting season. The twins kept their distance but mama never ran from me and I would occasionally give her cattle cubes.

Anyone who kills a fawn or finds one dead should check the mouth to see if it has an underbite (the lower incisors being anywhere forward of the dental pad rather than contacting the dental pad) or an overbite (short lower jaw). On male fawns check to see if they have a normal length, bilateral scrotum and a normal length penis sheath (on WTD newborn males, the penis sheath should be at least 1 1/8 inches long and on adult males 2 inches or more). If you find a fawn or an adult harvested deer with any of these birth defects, you should report it to your Game and Fish Department. Some states have a very high prevalence of underbite and male reproductive malformations and it would be good to find out what is causing these conditions. Quite a few human newborns have the same birth defects and heart defects are considered the number one birth defect in human newborns. Heart defects were the third most common birth defect on wild animals beginning in 1995. That was when the other birth defects mentioned above began on ruminant newborns, other wildlife newborns and human newborns.

By the time I find them, they are either already tore up by coyotes or stink so bad I prefer not to get anywhere close to them.

So many deer here, they have become a huge nuisance. They cleaned up every one of my scuppernongs this year, about a week before they were ripe enough for me to harvest.

Anyone who kills a fawn or finds one dead should check the mouth to see if it has an underbite (the lower incisors being anywhere forward of the dental pad rather than contacting the dental pad) or an overbite (short lower jaw). On male fawns check to see if they have a normal length, bilateral scrotum and a normal length penis sheath (on WTD newborn males, the penis sheath should be at least 1 1/8 inches long and on adult males 2 inches or more). If you find a fawn or an adult harvested deer with any of these birth defects, you should report it to your Game and Fish Department. Some states have a very high prevalence of underbite and male reproductive malformations and it would be good to find out what is causing these conditions. Quite a few human newborns have the same birth defects and heart defects are considered the number one birth defect in human newborns. Heart defects were the third most common birth defect on wild animals beginning in 1995. That was when the other birth defects mentioned above began on ruminant newborns, other wildlife newborns and human newborns.
Dam that climate change.

Ken