December

Help Support CattleToday:

It's always muddy here in the winter. Seems like '93 was a strange winter here, and the ground stayed reasonably dry. Hadn't had on since.

This was the wettest December here in Middle GA that I can remember. Water is standing everywhere you look, ponds are running over, and looks like more is on the way for the weekend. I hope we will see some of this in July. Just need some dry weeks right now.

Williamsv":1wxbmlve said:
This was the wettest December here in Middle GA that I can remember. Water is standing everywhere you look, ponds are running over, and looks like more is on the way for the weekend. I hope we will see some of this in July. Just need some dry weeks right now.

Proable good that you are getting a lot of rain. The soil will soak up the rain and store it for later use. Here where I live we do need a lot of subsoil moisture.

It's Been drizzling the past 4 days. Gotten 1.4 inches so far. Cold wet and sloppy.

We really haven't gotten a whole lot of rain but we have managed to catch enough to bring the tank level up about 3 feet.....6 or 8 more to go before they run over.

Been a pretty good year compared to the last few years.

December was normal, October a little above normal. ALl of the rest of the year was half or less of normal for each month.

I am south of Dun and we got about what he said he got. I was wondering why he did not send any rain down our way, now I find out he didn't have any extra to send.

Well here in middle Ga we are in big trouble. Everybody with good credit has put in irrigation systems and deep wells to supply them. So our next drought is going to be terrible. And not only for us but the folks in Florida also. It's just a matter of time now.

Our December wasn't nearly as good. Just a hair less than 2". We've been wet here the last 3 days, but mostly a mist and that's moving out today. Just 1.51 which didn't help my tanks much.

slick4591":3aq8gq0g said:
Our December wasn't nearly as good. Just a hair less than 2". We've been wet here the last 3 days, but mostly a mist and that's moving out today. Just 1.51 which didn't help my tanks much.

How in the world did that stuff last night miss you.

Caustic Burno":3j2vop80 said:
slick4591":3j2vop80 said:

How in the world did that stuff last night miss you.

Wished I knew. Kinda been that way all year as they seem to die down before they get here and rejuvenate once it travels beyond Sulphur Springs. We had one shower last night that lasted around 10-15 minutes. It was hard enough to make some noise on the metal roof.

I don't know how much rain has fallen in the past three days in Camp County but I'm guessing its a good 3 or 4" worth.

We had some flex base spread just before it started and now I have to take the gator from the house to the shop, then get in my car to go to work. Its a muddy mucky mess.

On the plus side, I had a nice F1 Brahman/Hereford heifer calf born on December 29 and she has handled the constant chill and rain very well.

greybeard":2zl6qpal said:
Looks like it has extended into January as well--and Feb is usually our bad wet muddy month. :(

You sitting on the roof typing.
Went over the Trinity on 59 today talk about turning some water loose out of Livingston.

Latest posts