December 26th come on!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Think I've posted before, I have no love of the holidays (outside of the birth of Christ). Thermostat at my parents house, is showing 81 degrees, and the only entertainment is watching people with an 8th education debate constitutional law. I say, there's probably an hour and a half to go, and I'll be free at last.

Was there good food? I always feel I can endure more if a great meal is in the mix. :D

Nothing like politics to spice up a family get together. Luckily I've enough little kids to keep me busy, so I dont have idle time to interact in these conversations

Bigfoot said:
Think I've posted before, I have no love of the holidays (outside of the birth of Christ). Thermostat at my parents house, is showing 81 degrees, and the only entertainment is watching people with an 8th education debate constitutional law. I say, there's probably an hour and a half to go, and I'll be free at last.
i understand.

One of the things I like about this ranch. I am about 4 hours from the nearest relative. Just the wife and me. We took a drive in the afternoon. Went and explored some Oregon Trail sites we hadn't been to before. They were down by the Snake River at Farewell Bend where the trail leaves the river. We each talked to a few friends and relatives over the phone. A nice peaceful Christmas.

I understand those sentiments, I think we all have our unique and particular family situations. I lost my father about 27 years ago when I was 18. He passed in Christmas Eve day. This spring I lost my mother, so first Christmas without her. It's been a tough couple of years watching helplessly as she declined in health. I don't haves any other family to call or visit with. Just my wife and I, it's hard for her as she has a lot of family but they are many miles away. Try to look past the annoyances and uncomfortable situations and try to enjoy the time that you have with them. We did have friends that invited us to be with them, but we didn't go this time. We have both been under the weather. Some other friends from church that seem to have adopted us brought us Christmas supper this afternoon. So thankful for friends.

Shew I'll be glad when it's the new year. My 5 year old got sick around lunch time on Christmas Day then my wife and 1 year old got sick around 1am. Loaded them all up this morning and took them to the doctor. They all tested positive for Flu A. Then today around 3 my fever suddenly went through the roof and I feel like crap. Not sure what we will do tonight me nor my wife can hardly move the boys have been asleep most of the day.

pricefarm said:
Shew I'll be glad when it's the new year. My 5 year old got sick around lunch time on Christmas Day then my wife and 1 year old got sick around 1am. Loaded them all up this morning and took them to the doctor. They all tested positive for Flu A. Then today around 3 my fever suddenly went through the roof and I feel like crap. Not sure what we will do tonight me nor my wife can hardly move the boys have been asleep most of the day.

That's the reason I hate seeing the grandkids and great grandkids there biohazards. You can bet the Mrs. will get some pre school or elementary disease from hugging on them.
Then I will get it. The 24 bug in those kids is a week at least in the geriatric unit.

pricefarm said:
I went through something similar a few years back. We had just had our 4th child and all the kids got the flu including the baby on Christmas Day. I had the 3 older ones (2,4,6) lined up on the couch with puke buckets trying to open presents between vomiting. And my wife was tending to my 2 mo old daughter who had it as well. It was the worst thing we've ever seen. A few days later my wife and I had it. Worst Christmas ever

Latest posts