Daylight

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
6H 55m of daylight today. Starting to look forward to the days lengthening out. The extra minute of daylight we are getting in the afternoon now is not making much of a difference :eek:

OP
Silver

Silver

Reaction score
kenny thomas":1ywopsxi said:
Days start getting longer this week isn't it.

I think the 21st is Solstice. Sunset starts getting a tiny bit later about the 15th, but sunrise won't start happening earlier until about the 27th or so.

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Silver":36atjxio said:
kenny thomas":36atjxio said:
Days start getting longer this week isn't it.

I think the 21st is Solstice. Sunset starts getting a tiny bit later about the 15th, but sunrise won't start happening earlier until about the 27th or so.
Ok, still a long way till spring

Dave

Reaction score
Last Thursday I helped haul a bunch of fall pairs to winter ground. There was about 25 dry spring calvers mixed into the loads. The first trip it was easy to sort them. It was 4:30 when we unloaded the second trip. First pot load you could still see to sort them. The second pot I sure couldn't see good enough to tell a wet cow from a dry cow. The next day in the daylight I was amazed we actually got thing right.

wbvs58

Reaction score
The days are just too long for me here, I'll be looking forward to the 21st when they start getting shorter. I get up at 5.00 am and like it to be still dark and just getting light when I go outside at 6.00am, we have a bit of a way to go before we get that again though.

Ken

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
I always hated winter in Maine. Go to work in the pitch black, go home in the pitch black. Hardly got to see the sun. It's much better out here, now.

greybeard

Reaction score
Bestoutwest":2a7wxg2n said:
I always hated winter in Maine. Go to work in the pitch black, go home in the pitch black. Hardly got to see the sun. It's much better out here, now.
And if like Vermont, not much to see in-between anyway.

Latest posts