Daylight savings

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
So the intent of the concept is to let people sleep until noon and then have an extra hour to get some things done in the evening?

Why can't those people simply go to bed at night and get up when they need to? Or else pay the consequences?

My circadian rythym is more pronounced the older I get. I am tired of them jacking with it! Now I am going to wake up around 3:30 and lay there an extra hour waiting on the alarm to go off.

I agree. leave the clocks set at one time or the other... I hate looking at a clock anyway..

I get up when I feel like it and go to sleep whenever it happens. Doesn;t matter what they do to the clocks

I like the fall change. I have to go through milk cows at the same time by the clock but I can't go through heifers until sunrise so the fall change cuts an hour of waiting out of my route.

I'd prefer they leave it daylight savings time, and I'm sure as heck not getting up at noon. I get up at 5am and work until 5pm. It's nice to be able to go do something on the farm after work. Next week it'll be dark by the time I get home. Not to mention I have a 5 year old and 3 year old boys at home. Believe me, it's best if they're able to get outside after school and burn off some energy. :D

dun":3czcpk9c said:
I get up when I feel like it and go to sleep whenever it happens. Doesn;t matter what they do to the clocks
That's my dream. Rock on Dun, rock on.

dun":2o8r7wyx said:

Me too, been in the house all day by choice, might get out tomorrow. :D

I enjoy it. I'm going to get up at 5:15 am year round. The extra time in the afternoon is nice. Boogie ignore the watch and forget about the time. I seldom think to even wear my watch anymore and pay little attention to time during daylight hours unless I have an appointment of some kind.

Doesn't bother me either way since I retired. Although, the wife asked me the other day if the time change was going to effect the chickens egg production since it would get dark an hour earlier. Told her I took their clock away so it wouldn't. Problem with that is she asked the exact same thing last year, too. No, she's not blond.

I'm with Dun and others. Clock doesn't make any difference to me now.

Back in grade school days they left DST in effect through the winter under the pretense of "conserving energy". It was a big PIA. :roll:

Had to get morning chores done before school in the dark. Sun was just coming up on horizon when we got to school. :???:

dun":nfl03enr said:

I did that for years and then 'they' slammed a latest finish time on my contract :mad: :mad:
so now I get to lay awake half the night waiting for daylight because I'm not allowed to work late at night.
Clock=stress. My cows read the sun and that should be good enough for anyone.

Latest posts