Daylight Saving Time Sux

Help Support CattleToday:

Not only does it suck it is also unhealthy. There are more work related accidents and heart attacks each year when they move the time forward. Why we continue to practice this nonsense is beyond me. Its like cutting a few inches off the top of your bedspread and sewing it to the bottom and repeating this twice a year. Makes no sense.

I hate it. I still have to start at the same time by the clock so that cows can get let go and have a minute to get a drink before the milkers come get them but nobody can get heifers locked up until daylight so it pretty much adds an hour to my route until the days get longer.
In years past, I've come close to losing herds a time or two because herdA's milkers started at the old time because they start at 11PM but herd B's milkers don't start until 5AM so they started on the new time but everyone wants me behind their cows within five minutes of the same time that I was there the day before and I can expect a chewing if it doesn't happen... Thankfully I did some disposition culling on my customer base so this year should go a little smoother. :D

I guess I should consider myself lucky. Up before the sun no matter what time. Go to bed after dark whenever I'm tired. Everything else between I set the time it gets done. I really don't see the pint o dst

Our youngest daughter came home yesterday (Sat.) for Spring Break. No change that. She came home today.
She was supposed to get in around 10 pm. Her flight from Amarillo to Dallas was cancelled due to bad weather. The airlines finally got the passengers on another flight that was supposed to leave at 10 pm. It left at 11:44 pm. When she finally got to Dallas, the plane was delayed and left at 1:03 am. If we stayed on regular time, she would have arrived at 2:20 am. I watched the clock jump an hour and she arrived at 3:20 am. We finally got home at 4:45 am.

My alarm goes off at 5:30 am. It was a very long night.

Yes, daylight saving time suxs.

I wish they would leave it DST. I don't mind starting my day in the dark but the extra daylight in the evening comes in handy sometimes.

Most of the world is base on 9 to 5 or something similar. On my 20 mile commute into the office at 6:00 there isn't one house in 10 with the lights on. Here in mid summer it is light at 5:00 and dark at 10:00 with DST. Without it it would be getting light at 4:00 when the vast majority of people would be sleeping and dark at 9:00 when most of them are still up. Standard time in the winter here it is light about 7:30 and dark around 4:30. If it were DST in the winter it wouldn't get light until 8:30. All of the kids would be catching the scool bus in the dark (one of the big reasons for the dates of the switch). For the majority of the country (read that urban people) it saves a lot of hours of daylight and thus a lot of electricity. That said when the alarm went off at 5:00 this morning my body sure thought it felt like 4:00.

Latest posts