Daughter's trip to Nebraska

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Our daughter is attending this program:

"The fifth Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Animal Science Complex.The symposium is designed to introduce youth to careers opportunities and current issues in the beef industry, as well as offer education and practice in the use of leadership skills. Six participants in the symposium will be awarded a $500 College of Agriculture and Natural Resources scholarship."

All the students attending are high school seniors or juniors. Nebraska allowed Ky to bring 5 students in exchange for 5 coming to a horse program here.

She says they are getting to use a ultrasound machine some and visited a feedlot. She talks like they are staying real busy. Hopefully this wil be a very good learning experience.

Maybe she will have some good pics when she gets back.

I'd be interested in seeing the pics if she does.

Good for her!

Alice

john250":1vuv22dt said:
How 'bout them cowgirls.
Good for her.

She does good and is really active in local organizations. The 5 that got picked to go have everything paid for.
The state Cattleman's Association got sponsors to pay for it and our local one and county Farm Bureau even gave her money. So she came out good, first time flying so she is getting a lot of new experiences.

cattleluvr18":20schm6h said:
i want to go to that so bad. but im only a sophmore. :cry: next year.

hope she has fun.

she'll defenetly have fun in Nebraska. ;-)

What does it take for a Nebraska student to get in?
She said there was 25 Nebraska students there, I know they went thru a selection process to pick the 5 Ky students.

tom4018":s6lfvljm said:
cattleluvr18":s6lfvljm said:
i want to go to that so bad. but im only a sophmore. :cry: next year.

hope she has fun.

she'll defenetly have fun in Nebraska. ;-)

What does it take for a Nebraska student to get in?
She said there was 25 Nebraska students there, I know they went thru a selection process to pick the 5 Ky students.

i dont know, i didnt look that far into it.

Alice":izic8zpl said:
I'd be interested in seeing the pics if she does.

Good for her!

Alice

Here are a few she took, some nice facilities at their animal science center and one at the feedlot.

P1000229.jpg

P1000212.jpg

P1000211.jpg

Latest posts