Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Here he is

0628101952a9586445.jpg

0628101953a95120034.jpg

This pic is terrible but it was getting dark he is on the right

0626102056a9563603.jpg

Is he pretty much purebred hereford? I like him, very functional and meat wagon looking. Was he bred to be a show steer or just a good one out of the herd? Nice calf and good luck to her!

Flacowman":hd8nkgdi said:
Is he pretty much purebred hereford? I like him, very functional and meat wagon looking. Was he bred to be a show steer or just a good one out of the herd? Nice calf and good luck to her!
Yea purebred hereford.

Angus Cowman":hd8nkgdi said:
What is all that sloppy stuff they are standing in and why is your daughter wearing mud boots it isn't spring time in your neck of the woods :lol: :lol:

Yea we have been having to wear mud boots, I was going to say something but I better just keep my mouth shut it is starting to dry.

CPL":hd8nkgdi said:
That is a nice steer Jay!
Thanks, Jaymi has done most of the work till she broke her wrist Memorial Day. She will be able to take him to the count fair anyway.

Make sure when she shows him, she does not hold his head to high. He looks much better in the second picture where his head is in a more natural position.

Nice looking calf. Who's sire? is there many herfs at your local fair/ what county?
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

L Day

Make sure when she shows him, she does not hold his head to high. He looks much better in the second picture where his head is in a more natural position.

I agree, some calves look better with a lower head and he sure does.

Good luck! :tiphat:

DFF":3vqtcclo said:
Nice looking calf. Who's sire? is there many herfs at your local fair/ what county?
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

L Day

Lewis county fair.

No herfs or anyother BREEDS Just mostly angus . some crossbred. No other colors represented this year
Had 30 head for 4-H and FFA junior show.

He weighed in at 1225. Gained 2.6 I think and stood second in his weight class.

Judge raved about him but he needed another 3 weeks or so. That was my fault as I told Jaymi to back him off because I thought he was getting to fat. We backed him off 45 days ago.Dad doenst always know best.

Latest posts