cyprus

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Cyprus is 3 times bigger than the King Ranch about 2.5 million acres with one million population, with a lot of financial problems , the news media reports if it goes under it will affect the world economy, is this another scare tactic like the sequester?

We'll probably bail them out. I might just hold off on buying the Kodak Film stock till the dust settles.

I believe the same thing is going to happen here just a matter of time. Only the people with money in the bank can bail us out.

The scary part is the precedence in very near history being set of a government that is willing to just go take money out of people's private bank accounts to "solve" their mismanagement of what was available to them. I have a real hard time believing that just the idea of that kind of power doesn't make a few of our current elected officials salivate.

cow pollinater":eccai2ae said:
The scary part is the precedence in very near history being set of a government that is willing to just go take money out of people's private bank accounts to "solve" their mismanagement of what was available to them. I have a real hard time believing that just the idea of that kind of power doesn't make a few of our current elected officials salivate.

I think the inverse would be more accurate. The politicians in Cyprus are unable to print money since they are tied to the Euro so the only place they can get it is straight out of the pockets of the citizens in open view of the world. I'm sure the politicians in Cyprus salivate with great envy how easily Congress can steal money from its citizens via inflation simply by printing more of it. Its six one way half dozen another only real difference is in Cyprus the officials will not be re-elected and here they will.

Jogeephus":2i4nd5nj said:
cow pollinater":2i4nd5nj said:

I think the inverse would be more accurate. The politicians in Cyprus are unable to print money since they are tied to the Euro so the only place they can get it is straight out of the pockets of the citizens in open view of the world. I'm sure the politicians in Cyprus salivate with great envy how easily Congress can steal money from its citizens via inflation simply by printing more of it. Its six one way half dozen another only real difference is in Cyprus the officials will not be re-elected and here they will.

I don't think it will be the inverse. It think it will be both in whatever quantity they can get away with. 90% of our population is ignorant to inflation and our ability to print money and it's sneaky enough that they can get away with it so nobody notices. Legalized theft is more brazen and proven to make people mad but precedence has been set so now it's an option as well... Why not do both?

It seems as if there was more than a little Russian money involved, sure would like to know what Uncle Putin told the Cypriot politicians in his phone call. ;-) Since it would only be from the 1% here, (just ask the drive by media), and no Putin, betcha it'll be like taking candy from a baby :lol2: Might just fund that egg hunt at the WH! Cheers

That is the problem here right now. The Fed's are printing money at a record pace.
Our government has two way's to raise revenue tax or print. I wonder what the real inflation number is. Unemployment isn't 7.7% as reported it is closer to 15%. Everytime the US print's a dollar it devalues a current dollar. This is a viscous circle,everytime the dollar devalue's OPEC raise's the price of crude thus pulling more spendable dollar's out of our pocket's.
The dollar is a worthless piece of paper the world run's a barrel of crude a bushel of wheat and corn and a bale of cotton. The price of those four item's set world market's.

cow pollinater":2vwnb6ak said:
I don't think it will be the inverse. It think it will be both in whatever quantity they can get away with. 90% of our population is ignorant to inflation and our ability to print money and it's sneaky enough that they can get away with it so nobody notices. Legalized theft is more brazen and proven to make people mad but precedence has been set so now it's an option as well... Why not do both?

Unless I'm missing something, Cyprus is tied to the euro and they cannot print these themselves. Its just their government pensions and spending is so out of control that they have to be devalued somehow so they have little choice but to blatantly steal it from the bank depositors. If they break away from the EU then they can come up with their own currency and print all they want and steal the value of the people's savings in a more sneaky fashion like the US does. So I still think the politicians in Cyprus envy the sneaky ease at which ours can steal money. Maybe if they started printed their own money they could give all the people of Cyprus a free cell phone and a free laptop so they can socialize.

Free stuff is a bad deal for the working folks. Been sitting here thinking about all the free stuff I have got. It's a short list and none of it has come from the government. For as dumb as some of these kids are I wonder why our school taxes keep going up.

No worries Highgrit, the state has now embraced the idea of controlling those illegal licensed and taxed gambling machines that are in every jiffy mart and this will supply all the money our school systems will need. Of course it will help to further degrade the family but that's where Headstart will come in. But we might just need a tad more money to fund that. Might not be a bad idea to add a personal nanny to each new expecting household because with the brood mare bonus money, these parents will be spending more time in front of these machines and someone needs to be watching the children and it would just be wrong for the child to be left in a locked car in the parking lot on a hot July day. This would be cruel and unless you condone cruelty to children I am sure you will vote for a tax to fund nanny's cause its just the right thing to do.

Jogeephus":313ck7uf said:
No worries Highgrit, the state has now embraced the idea of controlling those illegal licensed and taxed gambling machines that are in every jiffy mart and this will supply all the money our school systems will need. Of course it will help to further degrade the family but that's where Headstart will come in. But we might just need a tad more money to fund that. Might not be a bad idea to add a personal nanny to each new expecting household because with the brood mare bonus money, these parents will be spending more time in front of these machines and someone needs to be watching the children and it would just be wrong for the child to be left in a locked car in the parking lot on a hot July day. This would be cruel and unless you condone cruelty to children I am sure you will vote for a tax to fund nanny's cause its just the right thing to do.

Jo I just read where our problems are solved the Senate passed a budget with one trillion dollar's in tax increases.

That's good to know. Its only reasonable I guess. Heck, I've taken about a 30% paycut so increasing the taxes on what little I have left is only reasonable because its utterly selfish of me to think the government should cut back a little too.

highgrit":3mdjad4j said:
Free stuff is a bad deal for the working folks. Been sitting here thinking about all the free stuff I have got. It's a short list and none of it has come from the government. For as dumb as some of these kids are I wonder why our school taxes keep going up.
Got to pay the ever increasing number of administrators.
Every problem requires more administrators to do a study.
Want to guess how many more administrators were hired to figure out what to do about that little boy shaping his dessert to sort of look like a gun?
Wait, I said that wrong. Administrators don't figure out solutions. They create more paper to shuffle.

Disclaimer: A system can't function without administrators and I'm sure there are some who really want to do a good job. I'm talking about the overload of them. Any administrators out there please do not take offense. I'm a RedNeck and don't know any better. :hat:

They said the same thing about the lotto games, and we all know how that worked out. I been trying to figure out how, and when the government will fix it's self. And I just can't see the light. I try and think positive but it always comes back negative.

It's no wonder the welfare system, ss, Medicaid are all absused. First off, there aren't many low to medium paying manufacturing jobs in this country. Second there's no incentive to work when the gvt will take care of you. Third, that same group of lazy abusers are out breeding the working group 10:1.
So, how the heck do you fix that? Bring low to medium paying jobs back to this country. Prosecute the fraud cases. Those on welfare get told to go to this factory or that plant and go to work. Have more than 1 kid while on welfare, forced sterilization. 10 years and it would be fixed

That would work Hook. But the first thing is how do we get the jobs back. The only way I see is to declare war on China, they own us and most of the factory jobs. We need to declare war on China and start up the draft again. And everyone without a job goes to China to fight first, then we won't need as many factory jobs back here in the USA. Then for the second wave we can send all the illegals, and small time criminals that they have been letting out with a slap on the wrist.

hooknline":3imsbomd said:
It's no wonder the welfare system, ss, Medicaid are all absused. First off, there aren't many low to medium paying manufacturing jobs in this country. Second there's no incentive to work when the gvt will take care of you. Third, that same group of lazy abusers are out breeding the working group 10:1.
So, how the heck do you fix that? Bring low to medium paying jobs back to this country. Prosecute the fraud cases. Those on welfare get told to go to this factory or that plant and go to work. Have more than 1 kid while on welfare, forced sterilization. 10 years and it would be fixed

Need to fix the prison system's as well turn them back into hell no A'/C, Tv , etc. need's to be a black snake whip and a hoe. Chain gang's digging ditches and cleaning road's like I used to see as a kid. The Texas prison system used to pay money to the state from the the surplus sold off the prison farm.
One of the biggest problem's that so many companies have left is due to EPA regulations and lack of TORT reform.
Companies are being regulated or sued and forced to go oversea's.
Drug testing should be required of all welfare reciepent's and a work program should be assigned to get welfare and food stamp's.

Seen where them folks over in Cyprus got the bail out deal. Took up to 40% out of folks bank accounts. Sure hope you fellars ain't putting to much faith in them bankers and goverment folks.

Latest posts