Cydectin Pour On Safe for Brahmans?

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Well, I guess the title explains it. Ive been told Brahmans have more sensitive skin, and I just needed to know if Cydectin pour on wormer is safe to use on my bull.

It is safe .. but I'd be a little light with the application the first time you use it on him. I have had Brahmans that break out from it.

If they do break out from it, what do you do? Is there some other stuff to use if they break out? How long does this last? I have big shows starting in January, and Id hate to bring in an animal thats all broken out.

Just to be safe, what would you recommend to use on Brahmans?

We use it on our Brahmnas all the time and we have never had a problem.

TxCountry.... my suggestion would be to use it lightly.. not quite full strength. I had a couple of heifers that got that yucky dried skin peeling thing on their backs / shoulders where it ran off.

If you are concerned with skin problems why not just use an injection wormer like IvomecPlus. It will take care of more parasites than any wormer sold. And since your young bull is so "tame" giving him an injection should not be much of a problem even if you don't have access to a headgate. I've got a number of cows that I can simply walk up to in the pasture and give them an injection, as long as I throw down a handful or two of cubes to keep them happy.

Latest posts