custom prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Miss Daisy

Reaction score
what are you guys charging for custom this year? we bale and harrowbed by the bale but the rest is by the acre. looking for prices to compare to for swathing, fluffing, rolling, ditching... the works. thanks in advance

This custom farming info taken from: http://www.uky.edu/Ag/AgEcon/pubs/ext_aec/2007-01.pdf It is last years info so I went with the higher average prices to account for increased fuel/labor/machinery costs.

My custom haying rates this year are $56.00 per ton or $112.00 per acre on a two ton per acre field. It will go up slightly on anything above 2 tons at the rate of $0.75 per bale to bale and $0.65 per bale to pickup and stack. It is based roughly on 75 lbs bales and 27 bales to the ton. 14x18 small square bales.

This includes:
Bale: 75 cents per bale
Stack: 65 cents per bale at edge if field
Mow and Condition: $15 per acre
Rake or Fluffing: $7.50 per acre
Spraying: $7.50 per acre plus cost of chemical
Fertilizer Application: $6.00 per acre plus cost of fertilizer
Brush hogging would be $20 per acre or $50 per hour
Harrowing would be the same rate or a little less depending on field conditions

Fuel Surcharge for every 1 dollar the fuel goes above $3.50 I need to add 5 dollars to the cost per acre.

I haven't quoted anyone the above rates yet but they are what I am planning on this year. I only custom cut a few hundred acres each year and don't do any field less than 20 acres.

-RSC

Miss Daisy":3be7q5u6 said:
what are you guys charging for custom this year? we bale and harrowbed by the bale but the rest is by the acre. looking for prices to compare to for swathing, fluffing, rolling, ditching... the works. thanks in advance

harrowbed?? A term I've not heard.

john250":lz6p1kuc said:
Miss Daisy":lz6p1kuc said:

harrowbed?? A term I've not heard.

Same here, Interesting term. I suppose if you know what that is you also know what a hay buck or bucking hay is. Done a lot of it, just didn't know it. :lol2:

last year we paid $15 a bale for cutting raking an baling.i figure we will pay $20 for cutting raking an baling.i hope he doesnt go up again.

RSC,

Thank you so much for the website... very informative. The prices you are planning look pretty reasonable and are definitely something we will be comparing to. Thanks so much.

Latest posts