CTS Remedy

Help Support CattleToday:

Dale L

Reaction score
Does anyone have daughters out of Remedy? Looking to breed some of my dads better cows to an angus bull in hopes to retain any heifer calves. I am looking at Select Sires only right now because I have some semen certificates that I need to use. Just looking for real world experience with the bull. Our cows are raised on fescue pasture and a loose mineral. I have heard that Remedy's sire (Connealy Thunder) made good fescue type cattle.

Buddy has just a couple of them. Really nice young cows. Can't beat his cow making pedigree!
Select Sires (I know nothing about fescue) for cow makers.

Capitalist 028, Remedy, Courage (No experience just heard good things.

Your Select rep now that Select owns Accelerated can get their bulls to you also if any of them are interesting to you.

I have some thunder cows that have been great.

If you want cattle that will thrive on fescue, avoid a lot the new high $B bulls, and anything with Gar in front of it.

Most connealy bulls I have Used, worked pretty well for me.
I have used sav renown with good luck. Daughters are only 4 years old, but doing a wonderful job. Some of the prettiest udders I've saw.
Breeding at to Hoover dam over the next couple years. Quite a bit of Hickok as well.

This will get me flamed, but I have thick skin. I think select sires has a very poor selection of bulls if your thinking maternal.

I'm using less and less angus bulls every year, and my fertility, weaning weights, and overall quality has saw an increase.

Till-Hill said:
Buddy has just a couple of them. Really nice young cows. Can't beat his cow making pedigree!
Select Sires (I know nothing about fescue) for cow makers.

Capitalist 028, Remedy, Courage (No experience just heard good things.

Your Select rep now that Select owns Accelerated can get their bulls to you also if any of them are interesting to you.

Capitalist is another one I like. The only thing I was wondering about with him is of he makes them too moderate framed?

I've seen a few Remedy's and thought they were pretty nice. I don't think you can go wrong with him. If your looking for a little more performance with good feet, use his Son Ellingson Homestead at ST Genetics. We bred and flushed to him.
If your wanting to stay with Select Sires use Remedy. Connealy Thunder is known for making good Cattle. Tex Playbook makes some really nice ones and they slick off really good also.

T & B farms said:

If you want cattle that will thrive on fescue, avoid a lot the new high $B bulls, and anything with Gar in front of it.

I have used sav renown with good luck. Daughters are only 4 years old, but doing a wonderful job. Some of the prettiest udders I've saw.
Breeding at to Hoover dam over the next couple years. Quite a bit of Hickok as well.

This will get me flamed, but I have thick skin. I think select sires has a very poor selection of bulls if your thinking maternal.

I'm using less and less angus bulls every year, and my fertility, weaning weights, and overall quality has saw an increase.

I agree that Select Sires doesn't have the greatest lineup. This will be the first time any of dad's cattle have been AI'ed. He is basically just letting me get some practice in on his fall calvers before I breed mine for spring calving. If it weren't for the free semen certificates I would probably be going elsewhere. So this is basically me practicing my technique in hope of a few good heifers with free semen. Lol!

What breeds are you using as you progress away from angus. I like Simmental, but in my opinion Select Sires Simm selection is not very good either.

Dale L said:
T & B farms said:

I agree that Select Sires doesn't have the greatest lineup. This will be the first time any of dad's cattle have been AI'ed. He is basically just letting me get some practice in on his fall calvers before I breed mine for spring calving. If it weren't for the free semen certificates I would probably be going elsewhere. So this is basically me practicing my technique in hope of a few good heifers with free semen. Lol!

What breeds are you using as you progress away from angus. I like Simmental, but in my opinion Select Sires Simm selection is not very good either.

Sim and gelbvieh. I wish there was a better selection of gelb bulls. I really like my balancer cows.

Till-Hill said:
Dale, Capitalist is going to moderate them. That's my biggest hold up on him.

Thanks. That is my only hold up on him as well. One of the cows I'm breeding could be downsized a little without hurting anything. The rest are as moderate as they need to be.

Latest posts