CTC for pinkeye prevention

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":x9aaxfbl said:
Farmgirl":x9aaxfbl said:
How much do you mix with your minerals? How much is enough to be effective.
what is ctc? i know auromiacin 50g is 2 pds too 50 pds minerals

CTC is chlortetrycycline (sp) for which aureomycin is a brand name. IMO-doubt you could get enough oral CTC consumption to be effective with pinkeye. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

Texas PaPaw":w9qxtcx0 said:
ALACOWMAN":w9qxtcx0 said:
Farmgirl":w9qxtcx0 said:
How much do you mix with your minerals? How much is enough to be effective.
what is ctc? i know auromiacin 50g is 2 pds too 50 pds minerals

CTC is chlortetrycycline (sp) for which aureomycin is a brand name. IMO-doubt you could get enough oral CTC consumption to be effective with pinkeye. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock
not after pinkeye has become a infection it wont but as a safegard it is. once its become a infection its time too turn up the heat on the antibiotics too much reserch been done on the subject. i wouldnt treat pnemonia with aureomyicin either after it set in

We don't have a pinkeye problem. Never have. As the subject line said "prevention". Would be nice to head a problem off. Oh, and we do treat for flys. Poor herd management. I don't think so.

Usually CTC used for prevention of pinkeye is fed at 560 mg/lb in a mineral mix. That's equivalent to 1120 g/ton. Some producers will use higher levels than that such as 1400 mg/lb to assist with respiratory issues as well. You must be sure that you blend this very well.

Sorry, I should have added that this rate is designed for 4 oz. intake since some minerals are designed for more or less the medication would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Usually CTC used for prevention of pinkeye is fed at 560 mg/lb in a mineral mix. That's equivalent to 1120 g/ton.

Thanks KY,

That was the type of feedback I was looking for.

Latest posts