crystalyx

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
Does anyone use crystalyx products and are they worth the money versus regular minerals. I had a dealer contact me, Thanks. Farmguy

They didnt work to well for me, tried em for about 2 months, a few years back. The material in the tub just seemed to get to soft once I stuck em out in the weather. May just be our climate. Good luck

crystalyx worked fine for me and i have a bunch of them metal tubs all over the place, i use them for everything. then 2 years ago i got turned on a cheaper version, it comes in a plastic tub. i dont know the name, but it seems to work pretty good for $35.

I've used them for years. I've found they work better in the cooler weather. When it is hot out the tubs tend to get soft and the cows will eat it rather than lick it.

The winter months is when I've seen my best results. I run my cattle on hay stubble and corn stalk ground. You will see that the cattle will stay in better condition. I've also seen once the ground gets covered with snow that you will really stretch the hay by feeding them the tub's.

Last year we had a drought in this area. I didn't use the tubs in the summer...just gave them hay. I was worried about having enough hay to get me through the winter. With help of some mild weather and using the tubs I think I'll be fine. Figure you'll use 15-20% less hay.

Latest posts