Cruelty to children

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
When Ryan was 14 his parents dropped him off in town and told him he had to find a job to pay for his school clothes

Ryan just turned down an offer of $500 million for his business

Makes you wonder if child labor laws are a bit out of sorts with reality.

ALACOWMAN":38786s8t said:
you know the worst thing we did,,, was to say im gonna make sure my kids dont have to work like i did.....

It did work out great for one of the daughters. She buckled down hard in college and is living the dream life now. Maybe she would have done that without my help?

Always took mine to work with me. Cutting firewood building fences for people taught them to work and be proud of doing a good job. Both of them have good jobs now. Both have college degree's. Both of them still know what sweat is.

Ryder":3jjxak82 said:
ALACOWMAN":3jjxak82 said:
you know the worst thing we did,,, was to say im gonna make sure my kids dont have to work like i did.....
And that is one of the problems, if not the major problem, wrong with the nation today.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Isomade":12m213h6 said:
Ryder":12m213h6 said:
ALACOWMAN":12m213h6 said:
And that is one of the problems, if not the major problem, wrong with the nation today.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

:nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod:

I busted my back and broke my neck working and I still get up every day wanting to work. Well I sure don't want my kids to work as hard as I had to. And I'am sure glad their smarter than me. Kids need to be taught to work, and save their money.

If my kids want somethin I make then earn it. Very few things beyond necessities are just given to them. One way or another they earn it and as the get older the price goes up. That means they have to work for the real value. The better they work, the more productive they are, the more they earn.

hooknline":21lpb32u said:
If my kids want somethin I make then earn it. Very few things beyond necessities are just given to them. One way or another they earn it and as the get older the price goes up. That means they have to work for the real value. The better they work, the more productive they are, the more they earn.
And the more self respect they will have because they will know they are good for something in this world.

I don't care how smart you are you still have to work hard. Maybe not physically hard but work hard. if you are smart and work hard you will go far and get ahead. If you are dumb but work hard you will get by. If you are smart but don't work hard the rest of us will be paying for your welfare check.

When I was at school any teenager under 16 working an eight hour day was illegal... that's more than twenty years ago now.
My 'law-abiding' parents made sure I had a job at thirteen, the earliest age it was legal to send your kids out to work because they thought gaining a work ethic was that important. Nah, the hours weren't legal.

ALACOWMAN":7n2d9afm said:

Moderation in all things :) I think I'd say exactly the above; but the kids who can't/won't work are worse off than the ones overworking.

Latest posts