Cross breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Hb51493

Reaction score
Has anyone done this angusx beefmaster x charolais cross and how'd it turn out for you . What way did you breed them for best Results .

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I've done Angus on purpose and if there is a Char bull with in a 5 mile radius most people end up with some Char calves.

BM cows with either bull. Not really a reason to do it the other way. You can never go wrong with good BM cows no matter the bull. It's just a matter of what color you want to paint the calves.

thommoos

Reaction score
need to be careful, beefmasters have bone, then add the char to the mix, more bone, then add a funnel but to the lot and well you might have lack issues. Both crosses work, but I think staying away from a 3way would be best in this case.

Draper

Reaction score
You'd be hard pressed to create a better calf than what you'd get putting terminal type char bulls over f1 angus/beefmaster cows.

smoothmule

Reaction score
My cow Millie is out of a pure Charolais cow and a registered Angus bull. I've bred her the past 2 years to a registered Beefmaster bull. The calves have been Very nice. No excessive bone and very good gain. The calf is the black heifer in the front

skeeter swatter

Reaction score
Hb51493":2q695z1f said:
Has anyone done this angusx beefmaster x charolais cross and how'd it turn out for you . What way did you breed them for best Results .

BM crossed with either makes one calf raising mama. The BM x Angus (Red Angus) brought down the cow size some, plus they seemed to reach puberty younger.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
3 way cross maximizes hybred vigor after that the percent goes down.
Lots of data from the major Ag universities on crossbreeding systems to maximize hybred vigor.
With BM you have a standardized composite that will breed true not a crossbred.