Cross-Bred calves

Help Support CattleToday:

thommoos

Reaction score
Some of you know that I crossed A Gelbveih with Beefmasters. Well to say the least I am very happy with the cross so far. I have never cross bred anything before, but the vigor energy looks, coat, movement, playfulness of these calves so far is just amazing.

My question is this have any of you noticed a more energetic, playful etc from crossbreds versus purebreds?

I've never had any purebred that I know of but we are having a lot of Longhorn cross calves this year and they are up running and playing within the first hour or two of being born. The full beef calves that we have right now are Angus crossbred and they are very playful as well and love to run around. We are starting Charolais cross and Charolais Longhorn cross now so we will see on them. All of our calves are very energetic.

We usaully have about half crossbreds and half straighbreds. The only time I noticed a real difference was one particular bull we used, his calves either cross or straight were the most active I've ever seen. When the calf is scrambling to it's feet and the cow hasn;t even had a chance to stand up, I call that vigorous.

dun":21tzb1p2 said:
We usaully have about half crossbreds and half straighbreds. The only time I noticed a real difference was one particular bull we used, his calves either cross or straight were the most active I've ever seen. When the calf is scrambling to it's feet and the cow hasn;t even had a chance to stand up, I call that vigorous.
and beautiful .

HDRider":mk2w13s2 said:
dun":mk2w13s2 said:
and beautiful .

And a blessing.

cross breds?
Are ya'll nuts? Get with the program boys, before ya miss the boat, or find you've climbed on train to nowhere. ;-) ;-)

greybeard":2dokytz3 said:
cross breds?
Are ya'll nuts? Get with the program boys, before ya miss the boat, or find you've climbed on train to nowhere. ;-) ;-)

These nimrods are to stupid to know the great dangers of crossbreeding!

:lol:

Latest posts