critique this heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

dj

Reaction score
I know the 4 wheel drive,intake, and exhaust work well.
What are the short comings. Too fine boned? Hatchet Butt poster child?
Not long enough? born 10-29-05 59lbs.
46resized.jpg

46rearresized.jpg

looks ok to me. we are use to a little more flesh on our heifers. but they get silage and high moisture corn in the winter after weaning ;-)

Dan.

Looks like she's lacking a little in the flank and bone department but that aside she's alright.

She has a lot of hair, that aside looks pretty thick butted, good topline, good length and depth of body. Legs look OK to me.

Should be a keeper for you if her mother is a good milker which this hfrs appears that mom is a good milker.

It appears that her back legs are a little funky, front end doesn't look right either.

Everything else is decent

SEC":29gbs6ea said:
It appears that her back legs are a little funky, front end doesn't look right either.
It does appear that way, but my thoughts are that she is on a downhill slope and appears out of whack. JMO.
A pic on more level ground may tell a better story.

i'm not crazy about her by any means. but a lot of angus calves tend to be ugly ducklings, ive noticed. i bet she'll make a nice cow. right now she could use a deeper butt and rear flank.

No offense, but she looks like an average angus heifer to me. If you like her, keep her. You can always sell her but you can't buy her back.

cfpinz

Thanks for all the replies.
Her mom is a 10 year. Her heaviest calf was 71.
The rest in the high 60's. She the one in my avatar.

Just an average looking angus heifer. I personally dont think she is deep enough . Iam used to seeing limi calves that are alot thicker and more growthy, I could be a little bias. With a 59 lb birth weight , dont expect much as far as growth from here.

dj":88m55njy said:
Thanks for all the replies.
Her mom is a 10 year. Her heaviest calf was 71.
The rest in the high 60's. She the one in my avatar.
Hey - dj - for only 4 months old she is a fine heifer. Better than most! I like her. Post another picture of her at weaning, and watch the critics drool!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts