Critique Me

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*

Reaction score
DSCN2340.jpg

DSCN2324.jpg

23 views and no one to comment.

I've had my share of cool aid this evening and I'll have at it.

She has a nice fore udder attachment and good teat size. By the look of the udder I'd say she was no older than a 2nd calver.

She is also very deep chested but maybe (from the picture) a little short hipped.

she's an 03 model. has had 3 calves 1 bull-2 heifers Her first heifer was sold as a 4mo to a bull shopper who took a fancy to her. The 2nd heifer out of Northern Lite is destined for the show ring.

Yeah I don't know if she is short hipped or just on the uphill incline. She also don't have the length of rib for my tastes. I like a longer ribbed cow so they have the space to carry calves. She looks healthy with good cover.

I`d take a bunch like that cow, udder like that she must be good.

blk mule

I like her period. Also like the ratio she has calved since I'd be keeping her heifers as replacements.

purecountry":1v8iy3kz said:
She looks great to me. I'd be proud to own her.

I agree, udder is very good, no need to improve on that. From this photo its hard to try and point faults out since she is on the move while grazing, but i wouldn't mind having a few of her.

thats a nice looking cow.with an udder like that she will grow old before she is culled.she is well built.

No question - darned good cow. If her numbers match her phenotype, she should improve your herd with her heifers that you SHOULD keep - if the bull is equivalent to the cow or better. Her udder ranks in the upper 95% in quality. You don't find many like that. Her heifers should be valuable if only for that reason!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":1a3yovsu said:
No question - darned good cow. If her numbers match her phenotype, she should improve your herd with her heifers that you SHOULD keep - if the bull is equivalent to the cow or better. Her udder ranks in the upper 95% in quality. You don't find many like that. Her heifers should be valuable if only for that reason!

DOC HARRIS

What should be done with her if she doesn't have good EPD's DOC? :lol:

SEC":23rqzbkr said:
DOC HARRIS":23rqzbkr said:

DOC HARRIS

What should be done with her if she doesn't have good EPD's DOC? :lol:
-Use her as a Donor, ET her as bred to the best (EPD-wise - - MODERATE BW, 45-55 ww, 85-90 yw, 22-25 Milk, plus optimal REA and Marbling readings) Bull with impeccable Phenotype into as many Recipients as possible, breed her heifers back to her sire, and re-breed her to the same bull - keeping additional heifers as replacements and upgrade the bull (with either an Angus bull with DHD Traveler 6807 as a Grandsire and Ohlde breeding in the sires, thereby improving exponentially her progeny's EPD's - and/or - crossbreed the replacements with the best Gelbvieh Quality bull with equivilent Phenotype and EPD's - - and watch the beef quality BLOOM! :banana: 8) ;-)

You asked!!

DOC HARRIS

*Cowgirl*":3cxq7hh9 said:
chiangus 34% 2CA cow (for those familiar w/ chi pedigrees, she's out of powerball (cjb flashXJessica's ms tot pkg) and a southern light cara 60b daughter

EPDs BW.4 WW42.7 YW67.1 M6.5

Active chi dams:
http://www.chicattle.org/journal/active_chianina_dams.htm

Thank you. The photo is a bit hard to judge from, but I like her looks. And she has a beautiful udder.

Latest posts