critique away

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoss ,carthage is pretty close to me. Why looking at something so far away from you? Looks ok for his type. I believe him to be a more terminal type than anything else. What are your plans.

JHH":3c4ugmg2 said:
Hoss ,carthage is pretty close to me. Why looking at something so far away from you? Looks ok for his type. I believe him to be a more terminal type than anything else. What are your plans.

I have a credit to apply toward this sale and delivery is free. I really like this bull's bloodline (Bennett S30). He would be used for clean-up duty on a registered herd and as a general sire on my commercial cows.

Don't like his shoulders, appears to be too straight, therefore he carries his head low when he walks. It looks like he could also be pidgeon toed, but hard to tell from the video, don't like how late maturing he is or how he moves in general, very short hipped, I'm sure you can do better.

KNERSIE":rokyzn0h said:
Don't like his shoulders, appears to be too straight, therefore he carries his head low when he walks. It looks like he could also be pidgeon toed, but hard to tell from the video, don't like how late maturing he is or how he moves in general, very short hipped, I'm sure you can do better.

That and I really don't like the way he tracks. He appears to be tied up in his hips and it keeps him from traveling freely.

I posted earlier, but I guess it did not go through. I basically said the same thing as Knersie, the shoulder is very straight, which makes him track "off", and he walks like he is on egg shells.

Fire Sweep Ranch":243qcr75 said:
I posted earlier, but I guess it did not go through. I basically said the same thing as Knersie, the shoulder is very straight, which makes him track "off", and he walks like he is on egg shells.

x2. Keep walkin', he can't.

Saw the bull in person moved well looked very good up close and had a great disposition. my two cents

Black and Good":2bqheof8 said:
A lot of those bulls on there seem to be walking gingerly. I think it was Lot# 720 that I noticed was limping on his right back. B&G
Yes I noticed that as well. I marked him on my sheet as such. I noticed a few walk either gingerly or like they are trying to tuck their butt up under themselves.

I can't tell if it's his shoulder making him walk on his tip toes or him walking on his tip toes that makes shoulder look so bad. Definitly has some mobility issues

Black and Good":1xs749vb said:
Hoss, How do I look at the EPD's. I like the look of Lot# 714. Haven't seen his numbers though. B&G
Go to seedstockplus.com and click on sales. At the bottom of the page is the sale catalog, supplement sheet and the video links. #714 has been scratched from the sale due to injury.

Evidently I have champagne taste and beer money. Every bull I picked zoomed past my spend limit so fast that I was only one the phone maybe 30 seconds for each bull. I am a bit disappointed. Maybe I'll have better luck at February's sale.

Update: Just hard that the cheapest bull went for 4,750 with the vast majority over 5k. Good day for the Seedstock sellers.......bad day for HOSS.

Wow HOSS! That's why I keep letting people talk me out of my heifers as my cow herd is fairly young and very happy with what my young bulls are doing. B&G

Latest posts