Cricket Farming...........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
The world's population is increasing rapidly and with that growth comes a massive increase in demand for meat products, especially beef. To meet that demand, agricultural producers are ramping up their operations by increasing herd sizes and sourcing the best feed to improve meat quality. Crickets are around 60% protein and could eventually be a good source for cattle feed.

https://www.bentoli.com/insect-protein-livestock-feed/

I have considered using meal worms as a protein supplement but I wasn't sure how well they'd digest bug protein

until someone discovers the obvious which is that humans can skip the cattle and eat the bugs directly.

the advaantage of ruminants is they can take forages which are not usable by humans and convert them to products which humans can use.

Great advancement, they decided it's ok for fish to eat bugs. Doesn't matter that most of the diet of a fish in the wild is bugs.
Maybe next they will approve for cows to eat grass.

greybeard":suaywl4d said:
pdfangus":suaywl4d said:
until someone discovers the obvious which is that humans can skip the cattle and eat the bugs directly.
Po Campo figured that out long ago
Certified bug burgers anyone? I'm going to get on this bandwagon early! How big of a premium you think I can get for black bugs?

greybeard":3c9x4fkr said:
pdfangus":3c9x4fkr said:
Po Campo figured that out long ago

"Dang that's tasty. What is it?"
"Grasshopper."
"Our boys ain't gonna take too kindly to eating bugs"

Latest posts