Cracked Dash

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
After sixteen years and 200K of good service the dash on my Dodge Ram/Cummins has two cracks. They are about three inches long. I have looked on the Internet for repair options with no luck so I have my own plan. My thoughts are to drill a small hole at the end of the crack, putting a piece of Drywall fiberglass enforced tape over each crack then apply a coat of Gorilla Glue over each patch, probably won't be very attractive so I will cover it with a dash mat.

Any thoughts will be appreciated
Tom.

kerley":182uy9j1 said:
After sixteen years and 200K of good service the dash on my Dodge Ram/Cummins has two cracks. They are about three inches long. I have looked on the Internet for repair options with no luck so I have my own plan. My thoughts are to drill a small hole at the end of the crack, putting a piece of Drywall fiberglass enforced tape over each crack then apply a coat of Gorilla Glue over each patch, probably won't be very attractive so I will cover it with a dash mat.

Any thoughts will be appreciated
Tom.

pick you a small fiberglass repair kit and use that to bridge the gap if you are going to put a dash mat on it. I saw a couple years ago on a dodge forum where a guy pulled his dash and fiberglassed the whole dash to fix the cracks.

The drilling the holes sounds good, but what about just filling them in with JB Weld?

I believe LMC sells replacements and there are tutorials online of how to do it. Not a very tough job at all. Plan on replacing my 99's this summer.

My 2001 Dodge truck dash fell apart.

I ordered a cover from this place and it looks fine. They have too many choices. That picture is like mine, I think. I ordered it a couple of years ago.

http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?sid ... 4294963173

c37mdcd2dg8107_1.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":ocgf6zkj said:
Dodge, the gift that keeps on giving. :hide:
May you be walking one day and the only ride you you get is in the bed of a 72 dodge power wagon on a dirt road full of pot holes.

My 03 Dodge dash was cracked all to sh!t. So I had guy who does truck accessories put a skin over it that they make for it. I think the cost was about $150. Looks like new to me.

M5farm":22un4pf3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":22un4pf3 said:
Dodge, the gift that keeps on giving. :hide:
May you be walking one day and the only ride you you get is in the bed of a 72 dodge power wagon on a dirt road full of pot holes.
M5farm, funny you said that. I owned a 73 Dodge power Wagon and it was the roughest riding truck I ever owned But would haul almost anything you would load on any truck. Very Heavy Duty.

funny post tom seeing as weve run the dodge thing before. I just replaced mine this weekend. took me bout 4 hrs. bought the lmc dash and bezel...bout 500 bucks but man it was worth every penny looking at it now. mine came out in at least 30-40 pieces..i got some pics. not much help tho..but it wasn't bad. you can handle it

dieselbeef":1xg7c6n4 said:
funny post tom seeing as weve run the dodge thing before. I just replaced mine this weekend. took me bout 4 hrs. bought the lmc dash and bezel...bout 500 bucks but man it was worth every penny looking at it now. mine came out in at least 30-40 pieces..i got some pics. not much help tho..but it wasn't bad. you can handle it
Yah I know I can, It just takes me longer. It's not cracked bad at this time but I just want to get the jump on it.

alotta screws but the only bad ones are the ones hold the defrost vents in..gotta git em between the dash and the windshield..kind of a squeeze for my arms

Latest posts