Cows and fresh dirt...

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Don't know what it is about cattle and freshly turned earth...thought that I'd get some tractor work done before winter sets in and as soon as I broke dirt the cows went crazy. Rolling, head plowing and kicking, not the fly dirt kick, they were slinging it yards in the air.
I've had the calves play in the rows before but this was all of them...even the bull and one of the finishing steers had a head push through the ruts and I almost didn't recognize O'l Boss Cow she was covered.
Always amazes me when they do this....
Dave Mc

Its fun to watch. After a rain I will have two or three show up with muddy faces. You expect it from calves but the cows.

Scotty

all cows love resh dirt.b/c they love wett fresh dirt. an its fun to watch them play.scott

Is this what you are talking about?
P0001096.jpg

Yeah...that's it Chuckie...only without the mud...we just got dust here now, usually doesn't rain until next month...the cows leave a dust cloud when they shake a fly....Dave Mc

Thanks Kaneranch. The feedlot got box bladed yesterday. They all came up and were running and kicking around in it. They act like it makes them high. Must be like catnip to a cat. I guess fresh turned soil is cownip.

Latest posts