Cows and Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Missy

Reaction score
I thought i would share some pics of my cows and calves.

This is Boogers :D 3/4 Angus 1/4 Frisian Cow.

cows003.jpg

cows022.jpg

This is Snot :) same breeding as above cow. She is 2yrs old and on her 1st calf

cows030.jpg

cows033.jpg

Snot's calf 8 weeks old

cows043.jpg

Another calf 10 weeks old

cows016.jpg

A heifer calf

cows017.jpg

Some new bottle calves

$30
calves021.jpg

$26
calves044.jpg

$26
calves056.jpg

$50
calves002.jpg

$50 heifer
calves048.jpg

Your cows are getting a little behind on condition, make sure they are clean of parasites, both internal and external and do a repeat treatment 4 weeks later and make sure they have enough to eat at all times.

Thanks for the concern knersie but they are free from both internal and external parasites. They are done regularly. The first cow i have owned for 1 month. She weighed just under 300 KG's or 660pounds (mature cow) to give you an idea of how poor she was. In one month she has bloomed. The 2nd cow is only just 2,with a calf! She has a bit more frisian in her so is expected to be a bit bony behind. She was at the inlaws farm and i have had her down here on our new farm for about 8 weeks and she has really picked up aswell.
Next season they will both be surrogate cows,and will be fed accordingly :D

you have some goodlooking cows an calves.all they need is some feed an grass an time to grow an gain weight.

your in australia right? So you guys just got out of winter. If you can get that weight up they will look good. How is your one batch of bottle calves doin?

Yes we just came out of a horrible winter. The 2 i posted are my cows,others at the Inlaws. i should get some more pics to show you how good the others are looking (All angus)

Like i said one girl i only just bought. So yep time is all they need.
We are more than happy with the calves this year, all from first season bull and first calf cows.

Cattlehand,my bottle babies are doing great. Have just switched milk replacer to a much better brand,higher protein and fat so i am expecting them to pick up soon enough,aswell as finally finding some feed they will eat,fussy little things!

Latest posts