Cow lift recommendations

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a cow lift they have experience with that would be a good one to keep around incase of emergencies ?

I've never used a specific "cow lift", I've only ever used straps. The couple of times I've needed to lift one I used those thick nylon, wide (4" to 5" or so) tow/binding straps. And they did the job.

We always have a few of those on hand.

The one Valley Vet sells for like $120 is the one I use. It's probably not industrial grade, but it's an item you hope you don't use much anyway.

Thanks I have plenty of the straps to use just wondered what others used. Thanks BF I will look at that too definitely hope you don't use it ever.

Bigfoot":8aey1grp said:
The one Valley Vet sells for like $120 is the one I use. It's probably not industrial grade, but it's an item you hope you don't use much anyway.

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.htm ... b0d0204ae5

We borrowed one & it worked great. We moved our girl in a 12' dozer bucket to the barn & would either pull her up with a come-along & rope over the rafters or use the track loader (depending where she was; she was able to frog-leg scoot around).

TCRanch":5v3fc5xg said:
Bigfoot":5v3fc5xg said:

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.htm ... b0d0204ae5

We borrowed one & it worked great. We moved our girl in a 12' dozer bucket to the barn & would either pull her up with a come-along & rope over the rafters or use the track loader (depending where she was; she was able to frog-leg scoot around).

Yep ^^^

These work great. We used 'em when a cow gets down calving to help her stand and get things going again. (esp. heifers)

Even pulled one out of the mud. We think she was there overnight. She was basically paralyzed from pinched a nerve or didn't have circulation in her legs. We got her steady and eating. But she fell in the pasture and couldn't get up, and just never got over it, never stable on her feet. Eventually we "walked her to the lots/lifted", stood her up few times during the day with 'em. She had calf in the lots a week later, and got well enough to walk onto the trailer....sold 'em both.

100_0313_1.jpg

2808da84-54ae-474f-8e05-825fe04c0062.jpg

Latest posts