Cow check pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Yesterday I went up to check on the cows for the first time since I moved them into the east summer pasture... While doing so I snapped a few pictures of the ladies and their babies... Now today it is raining so gave me a chance to post a few...

Found several hanging around Big Rock spring and down Big Rock coulee... Lots of old grass down that coulee- and now this rain will really bring on the green up... At post time we had about 3/4 of an inch- and still raining...

Cole Creek Juanada Rain 127W 16453125 and her heifer calf...The cow standing behind her is Cole Creek Juanada 94U # 15822801.

W C R Katherines Lass 017X #16769667 and another Juanada Rito 06X sired heifer calf... A lot of my better cows had heifer calves this year- so choosing what to keep as replacements will be tough...

W C R Mary 845U #16175571 and another calf that will probably go back into the herd..

L B B Mary 01X #16744208 and her heifer calf... A minute before I took this she had her nose in my pocket-searching for cake...

A first calf heifer, L B B Juanada Rain 326 #17701438 and her Lazy Bar B Trackrunner daughter...

My first experience at taking a "selfie"... : ;-) :lol: As I was sitting on the 4-wheeler scanning the cows, Mary 01X came checking out my pockets looking for some cake! She is such a pet that she is sometimes a pest...

Hook":1a8rs375 said:
That 326 heifer is a good looking calf

Thanks! These are the first calves this year sired by the Lazy Bar B Trackrunner #17506127.. He's a young bull we raised and sold to a rancher along with a group of bulls.. Then we bought him back after we could see the possible potential he had... He will get heavy use this year..

Oldtimer":q36mgcfl said:
W C R Katherines Lass 017X #16769667 and another Juanada Rito 06X sired heifer calf... A lot of my better cows had heifer calves this year- so choosing what to keep as replacements will be tough...

talltimber- we received about an inch of rain yesterday on this pasture - and are sitting at about 300-400% of normal (area where average yearly rainfall is 11.5 inches) and the temps are supposed to reach mid 70's by midweek.. This country should really green up then... :D

Here's a couple more pic's I snapped of the area:

This old grain wagon at Grandpa's old homestead reminded me of how I feel some mornings when my arthritis is acting up- old and falling apart... ;-) :lol:

Another of the many mother- daughter (granddaughter) relations we have in the herd that we've accumulated in trying to get more consistency....

This is 017X's 2013 daughter L B B Katherines Lass 324 #17701441 with her first calf- a Lazy Bar B Trackrunner sired bull calf...
The calf that 017X has this year is a full sister to 324- and stands a good chance of being retained in the herd..

They're a nice bunch, all of them look good, and time will tell which ones are exceptional.

We're SUPER dry.. we've had maybe an inch of rain since the snow melted off (in January), I'm scrambling with the irrigation, I think a couple days have hit the 80's already.. We have some cool weather now which I don't mind too much, keeps some snow up in the mountain for me...

Nice pictures :)

Latest posts