Cow/calf Pair

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
We got a new pair today. The bull calf was born around 3:30pm. Calves are such a pain to take to shows, but they always make it interesting. He is a really interesting color, brown with frosted tips. He has a white arrow on his forehead. I'd have to say that he not very brainy. He took a long time figuring out which end served dinner.

patience is a virtue, Tex. not one that i have, but it is one.

Sorry, my picture taking stinks. I couldn't catch him when he was standing up. Do you think he will be the color on his head? Mom & son are full blood simbrahs.

Bandit2.jpg

Bandit4.jpg

Bandit5.jpg

i would expect his head and points to always be brown, probably a little more so than his head is right now but his body i imagine will be the lighter color it is. maybe a little darker with age but not much and not as much as the head.

I finally caught him standing up. In regard to his color, only the tips are white. At the base, it is a reddish-brown color. Hopefully, he will ditch the frosted look. We are going to weight him tonight when it cools off. Any guesses?

Picture021.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Showed my Grandma this post.
"Really like the pair. I'm a softy for the calves."

I like 'em too.
-Radi

ffamom,
I kid you not I have that cows twin sister! I had to take a second look and make sure it wasn't mine... Nice looking cow / calf pair....I really like spot on the face of the baby. Our simbrah calved back in February and to my surprise it was solid black and much much smaller than what she usually spits out. I found out from talking to my neighbor that his Dexter bull had been visiting my ladies by somehow jumping over the fence (I'd like to have seen that!) he had neglected to tell me, apparently he was in the wrong place at the right time! So I now have this half Simbrah half Dexter bull calf.

Great looking cow/calf pair. Looks as though you know how to take care of a mother before calving with the surroundings. I am guessing the weight to be 82 lbs

Latest posts