Covid 19

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Been thinking about this virus for a few days now. You do know the Chinese have been buying and eating from the "wet market" for ages and nothing. Now this virus shows up and just goes like wildfire through the population. Just wondering if this was not some kind of biological weaponized virus to use to devastate a population or maybe an Army. Designed not to kill everyone but to make them sick to keep from fighting. What country would do that we may never know. But it developed for this then there is an antidote for it somewhere to be used after the results are obtained. Yeh I know this sounds crazy but if has happened before.

Coronavirus is a very large family all related to the common cold. It'll have it's fun then move on to obscurity till it pops back up somewhere else.

sim.-ang.king said:
Coronavirus is a very large family all related to the common cold. It'll have it's fun then move on to obscurity till it pops back up somewhere else.

Really? So nothing to worry about from all of the scientists and Dr.'s that say that a pandemic is imminent? This strain is a mutated version from bats in China and not the common cold!

From watching on the tube x-rays of what it does to your lungs it sure is not to be taken ligthly... I hope it runs it course quick and is gone.

If the virus doesn't mutate it will disappear as people develop immunity and the virus struggles to keep spreading. But if it starts mutating then it will travel around and around like influenza. Its so far looking very stable which is good news especially when thinking about a vaccine. They believe one reason it is spreading so far and fast is because in many people it is so mild they don't realise they have it and keep moving through public places and spreading it. Another unkown is if you can catch it more than once or if the body remembers it and keeps immunity.

Different flues kill like half a million people per year. Coronavirus is just another adapted type of flu, there are a lot of them that not curable. Covid had excessive media attention, but it's definitely not a bioweapon.

sstterry said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Really? So nothing to worry about from all of the scientists and Dr.'s that say that a pandemic is imminent? This strain is a mutated version from bats in China and not the common cold!

Depends which doctors and scientist your listening too. With today's media I believe very little out of the talking heads no matter the network you choose. I for one think if they are sensationalizing a public health "crisis " for ratings their broadcasts licenses should be pulled. They are supposed to be a public service not nuisance.

Coronavirus (Covid19) is NOT a mutated or adapted type of influenza virus.
Like almost every known virus, they are both in the same Realm, but completely different:
phylum
order
family
class
and sub family.

The closest thing to Covid19 that science has previously seen is SARS.

Everytime I see "Covid 19" it sounds like a vaccine brand name!

In 2002 I was working in a warehouse when SARS was the big worry.. I did get a weird respiratory thing, bad dry cough that would come in fits, but felt alright otherwise

My question is what is the difference in corona virus in canine that there is a vaccine for its nothing new.
"Coronaviruses are types of viruses that typically affect the respiratory tracts of birds and mammals, including humans. Doctors associate them with the common cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and they can also affect the gut.

These viruses are typically responsible for common colds more than serious diseases. However, coronaviruses are also behind some more severe outbreaks.

Over the last 70 years, scientists have found that coronaviruses can infect mice, rats, dogs, cats, turkeys, horses, pigs, and cattle. Sometimes, these animals can transmit coronaviruses to humans."

Caustic Burno said:
My question is what is the difference in corona virus in canine that there is a vaccine for its nothing new. It has different symptoms in canine.
You (and others) keep saying this, but in the case of COV19, it is far from true.

Canine coronavirus is an intestinal virus transmitted by (you guessed it) sheit eating dogs..and the specific genomes are different from COV19. What causes the differences is generally in the receptors for the virus cells. A protein/enzyme called APN (Aminopeptidase N) is one of them. Usually species specific, but occasionally, a virus can 'attach' to more than one specific species' APN. I know of APN only from the explanation my brother got regarding how his chemotherapy was supposed to work.

One of the reasons human corona viruses make such headlines is because the realization that they are sometime zoonotic is relatively a new occurrence. Before SARS-Cov, it was almost unheard of to get a coronavirus from an animal.

The textbook Medical Microbiology. 4th edition.
Baron S, editor.
Galveston (TX): University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston; 1996.
Chapter 60
said this about corona viruses:

Coronaviruses are found in avian and mammalian species. They resemble each other in morphology and chemical structure: for example, the coronaviruses of humans and cattle are antigenically related. There is no evidence, however, that human coronaviruses can be transmitted by animals.

Since SARS, MERS and now Cov19, we now know that to be an untrue statement.

Latest posts