Court Days

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone going to Court Days in Mt Sterling or Preston KY hext weekend. I'm going to Preston on Thursday and My Sterling on Friday and Saturday.
If anyone wants to see gun rights to the max just visit there.

kenny thomas":3nm9mh5x said:
Anyone going to Court Days in Mt Sterling or Preston KY hext weekend. I'm going to Preston on Thursday and My Sterling on Friday and Saturday.
Surely out of 100,000 people someone from CT besides me is going?

kenny thomas":3nl2ymeh said:
kenny thomas":3nl2ymeh said:
Surely out of 100,000 people someone from CT besides me is going?

I'm less than 20 miles from Mt Sterling and have never been to that event. Always figured too many people for my liking. Have been to Preston a few years ago it was getting pretty big then and no doubt bigger now. I can attest to your statement about guns there. Seemed like almost everybody is carrying a gun, and or an animal. Dogs, chickens, rabbits, pigs. I'm sure there are lots of horses and other livestock but I didn't go through that section.

Well we took a notion to go to Preston today. My wife had never been there. It turned into a fiasco, when I got out of the truck to get a funnel cake. We said since traffic was moving a pedestrians snails pace with people walking on the road amongst the vehicles that I would be able to catch up with her in the truck. I got the $5 funnel cake and proceeded to walk on down the road. I fell in line behind some folks carrying some Native American trinkets and some surely upstanding young men wearing camp and carrying guns. Saw a car pass by with a lady holding a pig in the passengers seat. A little farther down the road saw a man on a four wheeler with a cage on the back with another pig in it. Saw chickens and rabbits of all kinds but was mainly looking for my wife and my truck. Came to the end of the parade so to speak and still no sign by then I realized my cell phone was in the truck. I waited thinking she had went on farther to turn around and I would see her when she came back through. Realized that wasn't the case. Saw what I figured to be a local homeowner directing parking in and out of his yard. I told him if he had a cell phone I would give him 5 dollars to make a call for me. He said he would be glad to and didn't want anything for it. Got in touch with Amanda and she said she was coming. She had turned around too soon and missed me and she had walked the length of it too looking for me. I had eaten my half of the funnel cake by the time we met back up. I reckon the moral of the story is either do everything together or have a plan and a contingency plan.

Sounds like you had a great time. It is a different world isn't it. I was there Thursday and in Mt Sterling Friday and Saturday. Just got home.

kenny thomas":6s4xxmxy said:
Sounds like you had a great time. It is a different world isn't it. I was there Thursday and in Mt Sterling Friday and Saturday. Just got home.

Yes it will be a memorable time. We might even go back again sometime and spend more time looking around. On one hand it does seem like a different world, but then when I think about it, bout what you would expect to see in a large gathering of folks in rural east Ky, minus the folks holding pigs in their laps in cars. Chickens and goats in cars now that's nothing new. My wife is from Oklahoma, and she did comment that with people walking on the road all around the traffic that it seemed kind of like a foreign country.

Ky hills":3du09vi3 said:
Well we took a notion to go to Preston today. My wife had never been there. It turned into a fiasco, when I got out of the truck to get a funnel cake. We said since traffic was moving a pedestrians snails pace with people walking on the road amongst the vehicles that I would be able to catch up with her in the truck. I got the $5 funnel cake and proceeded to walk on down the road. I fell in line behind some folks carrying some Native American trinkets and some surely upstanding young men wearing camp and carrying guns. Saw a car pass by with a lady holding a pig in the passengers seat. A little farther down the road saw a man on a four wheeler with a cage on the back with another pig in it. Saw chickens and rabbits of all kinds but was mainly looking for my wife and my truck. Came to the end of the parade so to speak and still no sign by then I realized my cell phone was in the truck. I waited thinking she had went on farther to turn around and I would see her when she came back through. Realized that wasn't the case. Saw what I figured to be a local homeowner directing parking in and out of his yard. I told him if he had a cell phone I would give him 5 dollars to make a call for me. He said he would be glad to and didn't want anything for it. Got in touch with Amanda and she said she was coming. She had turned around too soon and missed me and she had walked the length of it too looking for me. I had eaten my half of the funnel cake by the time we met back up. I reckon the moral of the story is either do everything together or have a plan and a contingency plan.

You left out the most important part, how was the Funnell Cake???????

kenny thomas":3d5xozjs said:
Can someone tell me why I had a post image button a week ago but not now?
Don't miss mine one bit and wish everyone's would go away forcing usage of a service where images would post larger than a postage stamp. It's anoys me to no end to click a thumbnail and wait for it to load in order to view a picture large enough to see what it's all about. Then go back to CT and do it all again for the next image when more than one is posted. Most of the time I just don't bother. :2cents:

sstterry":1dfttkhw said:
Ky hills":1dfttkhw said:

You left out the most important part, how was the Funnell Cake???????

It was pretty good, not sure if it was $5 good but that's how it is at those kind of things. I could have had a corn dog too, for $3. As we were leaving saw a concession stand advertising deep fried peaches served with ice cream, that really sounded good but we didn't take time to stop.

kenny thomas":2cl9et8j said:
So even though it was different aren't you glad you went. I seen the peaches and ice cream. They said it was good but not $5 good

Yes, I suppose so, we may even go back again. That's probably about right about the peaches, seems like most time things sound better than are especially for the prices.

Latest posts