Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
The 2 pounders are best eating, but we catch big eyes to. :D

01-08-2008072920PM2.jpg

01-08-2008103028PM3.jpg

01-08-2008103028PM2-1.jpg

01-08-2008103028PM4.jpg

So. Say I wanted to catch a fish like those.....where might I go....?

angie2":3id2y5fk said:
So. Say I wanted to catch a fish like those.....where might I go....?
Angie I asked him that on another post and he never responded. :roll: Me thinks he is playing those cards pretty close! ;-)

We have basic the same fish here called saugar, or us red necks call them jack salmon. Caught them from the second week of November to the last of January last year. They just haven't come in this year. I've caught 3 all winter.

Have always heard that Walleye were excellent eating as well as great sport to catch. Sure wish we had some down here. All we have are catfish, bass and carp. lolol

We have Walleye here and they have a reputation of being good eating fish but I'd rather have Bluegill, Crappie, Catfish, or Bass anytime. We have Sauger as well but it's been over 40 years since I ate one and I don't remember if I liked it or not. :lol:

TexasBred":3jv127wr said:
Have always heard that Walleye were excellent eating as well as great sport to catch. Sure wish we had some down here. All we have are catfish, bass and carp. lolol
They are great eating TB. :D I'm especially fond of the deep, cold water ones from Ontario. ;-)

So I have been told. You lucky rascals. :cry2: Oh well, guess I'll just have to stick with bass fishing in this hot, muddy Texas water. Continued great fishing to you all.

Latest posts