Count Down Begins

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
We are now today 11 days from the day we start digging the foundation for the house. Stress level went through the roof. I was trying to empty the storage shed behind the trailer house, but so many of the boxes got wet they were just falling apart. Hubby is getting some rubber storage tubs tomorrow.
He got the rain gutters and drain spouts off of the trailer. Turned off and dug up the propane line. Going to disconnect the phone line today. The TV antennea is down.
Got the hitches down here and the wheels.

Just waiting for the couple that bought it to come split it and get it out of here. Hope they get here soon. They are suppose to be here soon. Hubby has told them it needs to out of here next weekend so we can get the site cleaned up and ready.
Everything is now lined up to go.
Had the power company out, but I did not know they were here or I would have had them mark the underground power line from the meter pole to the shop, they just marked right around the trailer house.

If we have to wait for them too much longer it would put the foundation out 3 months. the logs are set to be delievered the first of August, but they said they could move us up to the end of July.

Hubby talked to them tonight and they are coming on Tuesday to start getting the trailer ready to move. No idea if they are taking it this week or just getting it out of the way.

Good luck. I am almost 8 months in on the construction, and it needs to be finished soon! With the wedding in 12 days, I am doubtful that we will be in anytime before then.
It really Pi$$es me off when you plan for things and even figure in time for unforseen circumstances, and still can't come out right.
I hope that nobody has problems building a house. If anyone decides to build, have the contractor do it all and just hand you the keys when finished. Tell them you do not want to be bothered with anything until you have to go in to sign on the dotted line and get the keys to it.

greatgerts":drwyega9 said:
Good luck. I am almost 8 months in on the construction, and it needs to be finished soon! With the wedding in 12 days, I am doubtful that we will be in anytime before then.
It really Pi$$es me off when you plan for things and even figure in time for unforseen circumstances, and still can't come out right.
I hope that nobody has problems building a house. If anyone decides to build, have the contractor do it all and just hand you the keys when finished. Tell them you do not want to be bothered with anything until you have to go in to sign on the dotted line and get the keys to it.

Did you subcontract individual jobs out?

Just remember to treat all those trips to Lows as dates that will be probably all you will have time for till you get finished. We started ours in Aug 08 and moved in Dec 09. Seems like we did the same thing that you did. We built where we had our trailer. Good luck, have patience and trust me, it will all be worth it when you are done.

I feel your pain in a way. We built a 70k pool for 36k with me doing the contracting and a lot of the work. I guarantee I had 34k worth of headaches and don't really know if it was worth it. Wife and kids sure like it tho

Congratulations and good luck. Keep in mind its the finish work that takes the longest. Be patient. Make it a wonderful experience and not one to regret.

GMN":qbp9zfx0 said:
greatgerts":qbp9zfx0 said:

Did you subcontract individual jobs out?

I hired a general, but I still had to make a lot of the decisions. Other than hiring the general, I hired the cabinet guy and the flooring guy.

No idea if they are coming or not. The people that bought the trailer were going to come and split it today since it is a double wide.
One problem.
It was raining this morning and suppose to have showers off and on for the next couple of days. :?
Don't know whether to be happy for the rain or sad for the delay.

Good note phone company showed up and marked everything yesterday and cut the correct wires to the house.

Daughter fell on our trampoline so we are off to her dentist this morning to get her chipped teeth fixed. it is only 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive there. if he wasn't so good with her we would find one closer to home.
Since I do not know if they are going to be here I'm leaving a big crock pot full of sloppy jo's for them to eat.

Did not show up til Wednesday. hubby and son helped them. i just stayed out of the way. No sense in getting into an argument about it.
They got the skirting off from around the bottom. Both set of cement steps were moved. One set is too big to try and lift with a JD 3010. Guy is coming back with a boon truck. Got the covered entrance and the siding removed from both ends and split inside.

Pretty much the only thing left to do is get the roof cap off, hitches on, tires on and disconnect whatever is left underneath and they can pull it out.

We are in a rain delay right now.

Concrete guy called and it put him back 2 more weeks which is fine with us. logs and builders are set for the first of August. :banana:

Will post pics once it is out. No sense in having you guys stare at the few I have right now. i get to see it every time i look out the door or window.

Latest posts