Cotter pins

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a pet peeve of mine, so I try to replace them ASAP, but here's another ? Dave. How many of those cotter pin assortment boxes do you have with the same size ones that don't seem to fit anything left over in all the boxes?

Susie David":1y226se9 said:
Ok...let's be honest...how many folks out there have a bent nail where a cotter pin is supposed to be?
Dave Mc

Not very often, but we have used doubled up #9 wire to secure a bolt on the hitch on occasion.

Anyone need about a jillion little half inch long real small dismeter cotter pins? Lately there isn;t anyone in this area that sells them by the size like they used to. Now it's the combo pack only. I figure that someone has tons of those little useless ones to get rid of and the only way the can is to bundle them with a useable size.

dun

dun":231oy9zr said:
Anyone need about a jillion little half inch long real small dismeter cotter pins? Lately there isn;t anyone in this area that sells them by the size like they used to. Now it's the combo pack only. I figure that someone has tons of those little useless ones to get rid of and the only way the can is to bundle them with a useable size.

dun

Yeah, I'll take 'em. I use them to hold the blade on my D8!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

I guess it's kinda like that assortment of grease fittings - there are always two or three that you use and the other jillion fittings just get in the way.

Why is it that sometimes all you want is a 9/16" but can only find a 5/8"?

Oh, and the nail for the cotter pin - yep. Been there, done that.

Ya mean they actually make something just special to fit into those holes. I just thought it was a fancy place to hold my sucker while hooking up.

flaboy-":1y1cpj3a said:
Guilty :oops: But I usually replace that nail at some point. :lol:

Me too, but it's usualy with a piece of hightensile 12.5 gauge wire

dun

Chuck":1ctqbi5h said:
That's a pet peeve of mine, so I try to replace them ASAP, but here's another ? Dave. How many of those cotter pin assortment boxes do you have with the same size ones that don't seem to fit anything left over in all the boxes?

Now thats funny as I have enough of that size to weight a trot line.

I used a fence clip today in the place of a cotter pin. Works pretty good!

Latest posts