corn fadder

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
we have feed corn fadder to our mules and donkeys, {cleaning up neighbors corn patches} can i feed corn stalks w/ some corn left on it to the cows? i have a calf 3 mo old in the herd not sure if he will nip at it . was worried about them getting choked/ do i need to cut it up or not use it all in the cow pasture? thanks rose

Ive thrown stalks in with mine they seem to like it well. Alot of people run there cattle on stalks after the corn harvest no problems. How are you getting along with you're Highlands?

brownmule":wniimcho said:
can i feed corn stalks w/ some corn left on it to the cows? rose

Yes, you can. We have wintered our cows on corn stalks (including a good amount of corn left on the ears following harvest) for the last couple of years and had no problems.

thanks for input, soon as i get a chance we'll start gathering up corn. i know my mules love it. i can touch the baby now, he's really spookie if you get too close to him, but all the highlands are doing great. they have growen so much since we got them, momma looks really good. expecialy after having her calf.. id like to get a couple more cows.. i took T Bone to the fair for the week, he was a big hit,not too many ppl have seen highlands here. he really looked small next the semil./angus X. she was a huge cow! but i woundnt trade my "hippie cows" LOL Rose

Latest posts