corn backlog

Help Support CattleToday:

badger

Reaction score
In this area elevators cannot get rail cars to move the corn therefore the basis is wide and no corn moving, Local elevator has piled last years corn on the ground to make room for this years another coop has 800000 bushel of last yrs yet in storage Feed guy says the big traders are manipulating wondering what others are hearing ?

I was in E. Colorado and Kansas last week and corn still being harvested and piled outside at elevators yet price has doubled in last month cause we are gonna run out next year. Just paid $5.00 per 50 lbs for some deer corn and bulk at the feed mill is 178 per ton. Hope I kill a deer cause it will be some expensive meat.

Johnny

Johnny":3tkuaqeg said:
Just paid $5.00 per 50 lbs for some deer corn

Just what is the difference in deer corn and cow corn?

Around here, deer corn ir the 1/4 of the crop that the deer stole from me before I got it harvested.

certherbeef, why are you being so cruel to those poor deer?? Around here, we let them have 50% in some fields. :lol: Boone

Its just sacked shelled corn people buy to feed deer with. Every store in this part of the country carry it. The Co-op sells more sacked corn for deer than they do for cows.

Johnny

Latest posts