Copperheads

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
Working on a couple hay fields for a neighbor, a little over a hundred acres, and have killed 3 copperheads and had 2 get away (that we know of) in the last 2 days. Most of it will be rounds but he has about 10 acres he wants in small squares for his horses. We raked it this afternoon and will bale it tomorrow. I'm glad I ain't involved in picking any of it up! His son, about 30, was walking around in a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes running a weedeater all day today. Said he was gettin' rid of all their hidin' places around the barn. Yeah, right! Not this ol' man, I'm stayin' in the truck or on the tractor!

Snakes have been crawling this week too. This cooler weather has them and the turtles on the move. Be careful and don't be picking up any pretty looking sticks.

The one I killed while raking yesterday was a little over 2 feet long and about as big around as a half dollar. Neighbor said it was going to make a beautiful hatband for my straw hat. No thanks! Just typing that gives me chills and has me checking the floor around my chair! Don't need or want any of its parts around my head!

We don't have very many copperheads here. The "picking up sticks" was kinda an inside joke as my friend picked up a pretty stick when we were young. The copperhead bit him good on the arm and he swore it felt like someone had his arm in a campfire. Couple days later he was fine but a little more intelligent.

Latest posts