Copperheads

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Yikes!! I'm pretty diligent about keeping an eye out for snakes while I'm in the pastures and I always wear boots & jeans. But I wasn't expecting a copperhead in the garage this morning. And it's a big 'un! I flushed it out of its hiding spot & my husband did a little head action with a cement scraper. Its now hanging in a tree for the buzzards to enjoy. And PSA for those of you that live in copperhead territory: it's baby copperhead season and those little buggers can pack a punch. Watch your step & anything you pick up!

Attachments

• IMG_20210917_094715338.jpg
    IMG_20210917_094715338.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20210917_094905364.jpg
    IMG_20210917_094905364.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20210917_095107258.jpg
    IMG_20210917_095107258.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
That's a fat one. Would not want one of those in the house. When I was a little kid, the old folks would kill a snake and hang it in a tree. Said that would make it rain. Anybody ever hear that? It always rained after that - sooner or later. Must be true.

That's a fat one. Would not want one of those in the house. When I was a little kid, the old folks would kill a snake and hang it in a tree. Said that would make it rain. Anybody ever hear that? It always rained after that - sooner or later. Must be true.
Haven't heard that but we do need rain - if it even lasts long enough; we have a ton of turkey vultures, owls, hawks & bald eagles.

Older fella i know was telling me about his son hitting a fat one with a mower by the house. He said he cut it open and there were a bunch of babies in it and he starting hacking them up too. Gave me the creeps..

There thick here. I once read, almost nobody gets snake bit in Ky outside of late September through October.

Pit viper season 5 types- 3 rattlesnakes, copperhead, and water moccasins/cotton mouth

They having live babies. Should be a good time. Baby's Late August early September. Baby be real good by October. Normally litters of 3.

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Ssssssssssnnnakes!

The bad thing about copperheads is they get in trees or youpon bushes and will lay on the limbs or hang off them. You come by and they fall in your lap.😳

If something touch me I'll strange jump off the tractor and 🏃🏾‍♀️ while yelling nice 4 letter words.

Copperhead will musk they smell like cucumbers. I hate smell of cucumber.

Water moccasins smell like skunk or sewage.

Rattlesnakes smell like strong dead rotten animal. Rotten egg My husband's fart! 🤣🤡 One them wall cloud fart that won't leave! 🤢🤮

Did I mention it's also tarantula mating season? Started off the day by shooting a 'dillo tearing up the yard (while still in my pj's & flip flops). Came back from checking cattle & found the copperhead (had already switched back to my flippers). Let the dog out about an hour ago & one of the garage cats was jacking with the tarantula. Actually, tarantula's don't bother me, they're pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20210917_194509.jpg
    IMG_20210917_194509.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
But the real question is did you eat it??

Did ya'll know copperhead and water moccasins, cottonhead or copper moccasins.

Did I mention it's also tarantula mating season? Started off the day by shooting a 'dillo tearing up the yard (while still in my pj's & flip flops). Came back from checking cattle & found the copperhead (had already switched back to my flippers). Let the dog out about an hour ago & one of the garage cats was jacking with the tarantula. Actually, tarantula's don't bother me, they're pretty cool.

Yep I'm out on that. Have fun! I feel them crawl all over me now. Although, I did hold one before and a scorpion.... may have a little more sense now.

Da hell?!?!??????!!!! I would lose my shyt!! Or need therapy. Or both.
Same here.

A guy I use to work for who is a good friend told me they were working cattle when he was young and they were going down a steep cow trail to cross a ditch. The second guy in line, in front of him, had a rattle snake strike at him and hit him in the chaps, right in the thigh. The fangs hung in the leather. He was spinning the horse in circles on the trail slapping the snake with the end of his rope trying to get it off. 😳 Talk about ruining a good pair of pants. He said he cant ride down a bank like that with out thinking about it and looking hard.

Latest posts