Cool pics from nature

Help Support CattleToday:

Ricker

Reaction score
Taken in Finland: Fox and Golden eagle fight over carcass.

mako_001.jpg

mako_002.jpg

mako_003.jpg

mako_004.jpg

mako_005.jpg

Some facts on the Golden Eagle by the way:
Golden Eagles often have a division of labour while hunting: one partner drives the prey to its waiting partner. They have very good eyesight and can spot prey from a long distance. The talons are used for killing and carrying the prey, the beak is used only for eating. The talons of a Golden Eagle are thought to be more powerful than the hand and arm strength of any human being. Their prey includes marmots, hares and mice, and sometimes birds, martens, foxes and young deer. Large mammals like chamois or adult deer can only be taken if they are wounded or sick.

In Central Asia, Golden Eagles sometimes are trained for falconry: in Kazakhstan there are still hunters using these eagles in order to catch deer and antelopes; in Kyrgyzstan hunters will show outsiders how to hunt foxes; and in Mongolia they are traditionally trained to hunt wolves. Some of the animals that Golden Eagles have been trained to kill can weigh 45 kg (100 lbs).

Those are fantastic photos. Looks like that fox had his hands full...

Alice

To me it is like the Fox and Eagle were fighting over the Carcass but then the Eagle picked up the Fox as if to show him "look I can pick your scrawny little butt up and fly away with you instead, so beat it" And he did.

something to ponder; were the fox and eagle fighting over the carcass, or was the fox(in the open)eating the carcass and the eagle was trying to catch a fresh meal? think about it :???:
ss

smart_slider":28vpf4zo said:
something to ponder; were the fox and eagle fighting over the carcass, or was the fox(in the open)eating the carcass and the eagle was trying to catch a fresh meal? think about it :???:
ss

True, that could be the deal for sure.

If the eagle was after the fox eating the carcass, I don't think the fox would have known what hit him. Eagles and other birds of prey are deadly accurate.

Latest posts