Cookware?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
As Christmas approaches I am thinking I will ask hubby for new cookware.
We have Kitchen Aid right now and although it is good it sometimes is not even.
My friend has Jamie Oliver and I really like that, another friend has Rocco DiSpirito her hubby picked up in New York for her when his TV show was on a couple of years ago, she swears that is the best cookware ever. I don't know, as who can find out now, where is Rocco, besides his last appearance on Dancing with the Stars.. :lol2:

What do you all like ?????????

BTW do I do not like cast iron ,I use those only when we would take the RV out.

I love cast iron cookware but they have to be cured right and taken care of. I got a set of Calphalon Ionized alumininum cookware quite a few years ago that are beginning to wear out...I loved them although they are very very expensive.

Do you have AMC in Canada? It is regarded as the best here, its imported from Germany I think. The downside is its very pricey, but it do come with a lifetime guarantee.

HD I use stainless steel pots and pans with copper on the bottom. Other then cleaning the bottom once in awhile I really like them. One thing I found out about them is if you burn something on the bottom, after you take the food out, pour in about 2 cups of hot water into them while the pot or pan is still hot and let sit til cool.
Been using this one large skillet for over 10 years and it still works great. It is a Revere. Mine are a mixture of different brands.

hillsdown":3kw2dbez said:
This is the one of have been looking at.
http://citychef.ca/xcart/customer/produ ... 391&page=1

Knersie, yes we do but I cannot justify spending 2000 dollars on a stock pot.. :lol2: My cousin bought the whole set 15 years ago for 10 thousand dollars now it is about 30 thousand :???: .

Onthebit, I have looked at some like that but they are high maintenance.

Geez! :shock:

You could buy plane tickets, visit me, have a safari, spend a week at the beach do sightseeing and buy a set of AMC cookware and still have change if you bought it here. My other half bought a set about 5 years ago and it was the equivalent of about $800. You guys must have really upset the Germans ;-)

You people must be awfully young. Our cookware set is made up of one item from a half dozen differnt sets from over the years.

Knersie here is a link that shows some promo items ,,check out the price ,unless I am reading it wrong..
http://www.amcsa.com/promo_1.htm

Dun, that was my daily silverware set up until my last Bday, my mom got me a 10 place setting set. Before I think the most that would match would be 2 and they were all bent and out of shape. :oops:

Knersie here is a link that shows some promo items ,,check out the price ,unless I am reading it wrong..

Remember that the Rand /Dollar exchange rate is R9.78 for $1.00.

We have an assortment from years of cooking. No particular brand, just whatever we acquired. Over the years, we buy a few special pieces and have a pretty nice collection now.

One thing that is well worth spending money on is your knife collection.

Wife has a set of SaladMaster waterless cookware we bought in the 70's....great stuff and only had to replace a couple of handles over the years. The electric skillet we love. Don't know if they even make the stuff now.

KNERSIE":2dfnbcm6 said:

Remember that the Rand /Dollar exchange rate is R9.78 for $1.00.

I was hoping the conversion rate was even higher , that is still 300 bucks for a pot.

I have emailed the company for a price list I will let everyone know IF they give me one. I am sure they will want me to have a party first..

TB, does your wife find that everything is still doable with the waterless cookware?

Grannysoo I totally agree every year I add one new item to my knife set. Last year I bought myself a beautiful butcher knife made in Germany. It is a beauty and worth the $125.00 I paid for it. Hubby had a fit when he saw the bill but I reminded him how much his hoof trimming knives cost us that we had imported from Germany ,so it was a wash.. :)

TexasBred":ut8043fo said:
Wife has a set of SaladMaster waterless cookware we bought in the 70's....great stuff and only had to replace a couple of handles over the years. The electric skillet we love. Don't know if they even make the stuff now.

Ours is called Towncraft but it is pretty much the same stuff. Bought it in '79 and then got married in '80. The wife will tell you my cookware is hers. :D I don't like the round electric skillet for pancakes since you can only cook one at a time. Other than that, it is all great.

Cast iron is the only thing for cornbread.

My wife wants to put my carbon knives in the dishwasher or in the sink. Most of them are ruined now so she is not allowed to use any good knives I have left. It is a good thing that we have the stainless cookware with copper, iron, copper cladding in the base of the pots inside the stainless. She can run it all through the dishwasher and sinks. :D

backhoeboogie":es9nzfjp said:
My wife wants to put my carbon knives in the dishwasher or in the sink. Most of them are ruined now so she is not allowed to use any good knives I have left.

And she still doesn't understand, does she? My knives are off limits to the wife and kids. Don't touch, use, or clean. (Yes, I'm anal about my knives!)

grannysoo":19s6ifj0 said:
backhoeboogie":19s6ifj0 said:
(Yes, I'm anal about my knives!)

I thought it was just a female thing.. :lol2:

That is one good thing being married to an ex dairy man who knows how to hoof trim with the best knives around,,when it comes down to it you never, ever, mess around with a GOOD knife. :cowboy:

When I comes to knives, I have tried everything to no avail. I even used the analogy of draining the oil from the car and putting water back in the crankcase. No luck.

They'd never dream of running a fire arm through the dishwasher. Why do they think knives are okay?

I have Farberware. Got it 18 years ago when we got married, just like my sisters did. My mom got Farberware when she got married and hers still looks good if not better than mine, that's 47 years ago.
My wonderful MIL loves QVC and usually gets us something from there for Christmas. She bought some Teflon coated "Cooks Essentials" that is pretty nice. I have 3 pieces. One was an electric skillet I used about everyday and that bit the dust (may have been my fault :oops: )

Thanks for all the help everyone . :wave:

Btw, my Christmas present showed up yesterday ,and it wasn't cookware.. :roll: But I will definitely use it , I may not enjoy it but will use it for sure.. :lol2:

Latest posts