Conor McGregor

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
Finishes Jose Aldo in 13 seconds to become undisputed UFC featherweight champion. The Irishman talked an awful lot of shyt, and backed it up with a nasty left, added a few hammer fists and fight over. Thank God the fights leading up to it were outstanding and several went the distance.

Dogs and Cows":1br6n18i said:
He is a bad man!! I am not a huge fan or anything...and I usually don't like the cocky athletes...but he intrigues me for some reason. I don't purchase these fights...but I'm sure there are a few folks glad the prelim fights were good LOL!!

I think what's is so intriguing is the confidence he has in himself. It's almost unparalleled. He does a fantastic job promoting a fight, goes in there and finishes (think he has finished 15 of last 17 fights) and is very respectful in post fight interviews. Smart business man, great fighter, and sounds like a decent human being (has helped many fighters on his rise to the top). MMA is a vicious, highly competitive way to earn a living and no one stays on top for extended period of time (excluding Silva and Aldo). That's what makes it so interesting. The sport seems to evolve at a very rapid speed.

TT, yes it was a PPV.

I wouldn't have been surprised had either one, it was a tough one to call. But that he knocked out a guy that had never been before, in 13 seconds, was quite a shock. He hyped himself to the point it seemed impossible to live up to, and yet he did exactly that.
I haven't bought a PPV in a few years, but nearly got this one, it was a good card top to bottom. Ended up just reading about it the next morning, it's too hard for to stay up that late anymore.

I'm rooting for him, not 100% why. Yes, a lot of it is promoting. But he speaks his mind, and is the polar opposite of political correctness. Arrogance, Confidence, Anger, pride, whatever it is he is feeling, he says. Some of these guys that never talk, ya know, just because they never say anything, doesn't mean they're a nice person, or not arrogant. He sure does grab your attention.

torogmc81":2vgze3kq said:
I'm rooting for him, not 100% why. Yes, a lot of it is promoting. But he speaks his mind, and is the polar opposite of political correctness. Arrogance, Confidence, Anger, pride, whatever it is he is feeling, he says. Some of these guys that never talk, ya know, just because they never say anything, doesn't mean they're a nice person, or not arrogant. He sure does grab your attention.

I think you just summed up why he appeals to so many people! Excellent observation! He really is the 'anti-PC' guy.

M.Magis":1py9gsx5 said:
I wouldn't have been surprised had either one, it was a tough one to call. But that he knocked out a guy that had never been before, in 13 seconds, was quite a shock. He hyped himself to the point it seemed impossible to live up to, and yet he did exactly that.
I haven't bought a PPV in a few years, but nearly got this one, it was a good card top to bottom. Ended up just reading about it the next morning, it's too hard for to stay up that late anymore.

So true. My wife couldn't stay awake to see the last 2 fights. Didn't fight til after 0100 in our time zone.

Latest posts