Comments on Total and Dillion bulls from select sires

Help Support CattleToday:

Dillon offers as much to my breeding program as my grandmother.

I would need a reason to use the bull, sorry for being blunt but you asked for opinions.

Total might not know he is a bull by his feminine front end, very common non descript.

Ask yourself this if you can imagine. Does this bull offer so much quality that I would be able to pick him out of a pen of bulls?

The 199 Ratio on IMF is good, but how many contemporaries?
Is the extreme good?

Well, no offense intended, as I sure don't claim to know a lot about purebreds, but I just can't get that excited about either of those two...whatever the numbers say, neither really catches my eye.

Take care.

CattleAnnie":2msx4ly6 said:
Well, no offense intended, as I sure don't claim to know a lot about purebreds, but I just can't get that excited about either of those two...whatever the numbers say, neither really catches my eye.

Take care.
I agree with Annie on this one. I'd keep looking. Out of the two, though, I'd have to say I preferred Total.

I didn't love either bull; though I preferred Dillon over Total. Looking at the two I can't find any reason to discount Dillon other than his mediocre real weaning wt. of 601 and the fact that his picture just isn't very appealing. I think I would probably like him better if somebody put down the clippers and wintered him in the Dakotas then took a shot.

Dillon is sired by 1407, another breeding giant in the Angus breed. 1407 has sired really good sons that have done well in the pastures. So, I really like Dillon. I can't really say much about the Total bull, one because he is a unproven bull and that he is not my type of bull to use. He doesn't have enough thickness and he isn't at all a long skeleton animal either. So, if it were me, I would cancel out using Total, unless you are going to just experiment with him and I wouldn't breed him to my whole entire cow herd. :cboy:

Latest posts