Come take a ride on Atlanta's Crazy Train

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share some of the great knowledge I gained from dealing with the government tax collectors these last few days. Please bare with me as the knowledge I've gained from this experience is so worth my time and yours. First of all, did you know that you can be fined $460 by the department of labor for paying all your taxes promptly?

Yes, when you board the crazy train in Atlanta Georgia all things become possible. But how you ask? Well its all so simple really, they fine you for not filing the paperwork in a timely manner? How could this be when you claim to have paid the taxes in a timely manner and to do this you had to send in a check and the required paperwork?

Well I have to be honest, it is partly my fault. I am not PERFECT. For this, I am sorry and I am sorry I did not put the same number I wrote on the other pages on the summary form on page 1. Yes, I know this made no difference in any of the calculations nor did it affect the amount of taxes I owed but it was an omission and we cannot have that.

But how could you be fined for not filing in a timely manner when your check was cashed promptly before the deadline so they must have also received the forms since the check was affixed to the forms?

You make a fair point but you must remember we are on the Crazy Train and the Crazy Train has a ravenous unquenchable appetite for money so money must be sought and realities changed to feed the beast. So by Georgia Law, a form is not considered in the possession of the government if the form isn't completely and accurately filled out therefore my not writing the same number three times made the form, "not delivered" but amazingly the check had no trouble being cashed nor did they have any trouble producing the "non-delivered" forms.

Since this was such a breach of protocol an agent drove nearly 100 miles to come see me and discuss my incompetent act to get a clearer understanding of why I had not written the number three times. I am so shamed that he had to do this knowing full well the fossil fuels he consumed can never be replaced. For this I am sorry.

After gaining some strength and regaining my composure after a good cry I found the nerve to leap from the crazy train and reflect in a non twilight zone atmosphere and I grew angry and decided to make a phone call further up the line to see if the crazies had made it this far up the food chain.

As I waited on hold waiting to speak to a human - and dam I really need to learn Spanish - I learned something else that is really neat I thought you folks would like to know. You know the old saying, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"? You may be familiar with it but I bet I know something you don't know. You see while I was waiting on the prompt service from the government my brain went into a lull - sortof a dazed or beat dog type arrhythmia - almost brain dead but not quite. To break the monotony, I spent some time on Google and in my flat-lined state I began to wonder what the phrase DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS would say if I translated it to Japanese, then to Bulgarian, then to Polish, then to Korean and then back to English. The result is, "Texas is what goes around and confused". Bet you didn't know that? I told you I was learning a lot. I finally got an answering machine and left a message. Apparently folks in gov't don't work on Friday or on Thursday for that matter.

Picked up phone and called another number. One much further up the food chain. Up there under the gold dome. Got a quick answer and without any mention of whether I wanted to speak in Spanish - just a person - an English speaking non ebonic speaking person.. Few minutes later things were resolved and I got a feeling a load of cow dung was rolling downhill and fast.

I am so amazed that they went to such efforts to be sure the $5.10 tax I sent them was properly figured and that the payroll was written down the mandatory three times to make it legit.

I began to think that maybe someone had snuck up and while I wasn't looking they tattooed "be nice" ME on the back of my neck till I talked to a friend who told me his wife had just been fined $55 for miscalculating her sales tax reporting by one cent.

I spoke to Eli about this and he is really upset with the whole situation however he is mad with me for making a simple mistake. This has just floored him and has really shaken the foundation of his beliefs that I am perfect and he thinks I as an employer should fire myself as an employee. Eli thinks that this is the best answer to it all since it is obvious I am incapable of writing the same number three times and there is no place for me in the work force. He may be right. I guess the $300/week I'd draw from unemployment would be alright especially if I got another job working for cash. And this way I'd never be in the position to make such a grave error on such an important form. Eli is a smart dog. Anyone know how long you can draw unemployment before you have to find a job? I asked Eli but he wouldn't tell me cause he doesn't think I should go back to work.

Shame on you for not putting that number on ALL pages... messing with the gov't minds is like poking a rattlesnake with a stick and expecting to not get bit.. lol . the mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mean while back at the farm.... I lmao when I read this :) tysm for sharing.. and Eli is a smart dog :)

Jogeephus":2xvnsjgz said:
After gaining some strength and regaining my composure after a good cry I found the nerve to leap from the crazy train and reflect in a non twilight zone atmosphere and I grew angry and decided to make a phone call further up the line to see if the crazies had made it this far up the food chain.

Joe they have made it all the way up to the highest elected position in the U S of A.

Just remember, it is perfectly legal for you to ride in the back of my pick-up. But if you crawl into the back seat and don't put on a seat belt, they can fine you $300. And they will.

It is like poking a rattlesnake especially when you poke around in the hole at the top of the parasitic food chain. The noise I heard must definitely the sound of a large cow pie rolling down hill really fast. Phone has been ringing off the hook. Have even gotten calls from the ones who had refused to call me back. They are now my new friends. Utterly AMAZING! Was informed by a higher up the fine is waived. Hours later one of the bottom feeding minions called and told me that they would waive the fee but only if I wrote a letter to them requesting that they waive the penalty since by Georgia Law they cannot waive the penalty without my express and written authorization. :shock: :bang: :bang: I guess they don't want to infringe on my rights. :???: All this for $5.10!!!!!! Is it over? Not quite. I have an appointment to discuss a few things with my representative because I am still greatly concerned, appalled and ashamed at having those non-renewable fossil fuels wasted on my behalf.

The outcome of this meeting will decide whether or not I get to keep my job or be placed on the unemployment roster. If its the latter, Eli will be pleased but I worry about gaining weight. But then again there is the Obama phone. Surely I will get a phone won't I? :mrgreen:

Boogie, the exemption for the bed riders is only logical when you think about it. If seatbelts were required, how else would the illegals gain entry into the country in the numbers the leftists require for their political stategy.

What's really sad is all of this sounds like it's a comedy, sort of like the keystone cops. The really sad thing is it is reality, the keystone cops are government agencies running around in a confused and almost unconscience state inforcing whatever redicoulus rule someone passed while sitting in the bathroom.

I've told this one here before. A couple of years ago the city decided it need to update the sewer lines, including all residential and commercial properties. The starting place was to have a crew run a video camera through the sewer line from the building to the main line in the street. They then had some young intern review the videos mark the videos whenever she found cracks in the line. Orders were then issued and residents and business owner were then responsible for replace the sewer lines with in a coup,e of months at a cost of around 4k. Over 90% of private property were ordered to replace their sewer lines in the city ..... Including our business.

Some folks immediately shelled out the $ and started replacing lines. Luckily one plumber on a job put two and two together and went to the city a demanded to review some video. This young lady reviewing the videos had thought every joint in the sewer line was a crack and the line needed replacing. This young intern could have cost most every property owner thousands of dollars because someone with their hands in my pocket (government worker) just sat a kid in front of a monitor and said if you see a crack mark it ...... That was their extent of overseeing the massive blunder, ah ..... project. What really pizzes me off is the money my wife and I earn by busting or rears helps pays these morons wages.

Thanks Jo, 7am on the left coast and I'm already in a bad mood ...... I better relax before I yell good morning to my wife. :lol:

At least the gov. workers have a job well kind of. I am tired of my tax dollars going to unemployment, welfare, foodstamps, and subsidized housing. All while there trying to put me out of business. Gov. stinks and it's getting worse.

In a way it is hilarious unless of course you are a passenger on the Crazy Train then it becomes sad ...... really really sad ....... and frustrating .....because they are taking the wind out of the sails of the very people who could and do create jobs. I have talked to both my accountant and my attorney and have learned that since I am structured the way I am I can in fact fire myself and will be eligible for the unemployment benefits I have paid for over 40 years. You don't know how tempting this is for such a weak minded, vindictive and spineless person as myself. The poetic justice is almost too much to resist but resist I must because I refuse to become part of the problem. I will voice my concerns and offer my ideas and solutions to my elected official shortly. I doubt it will do any good. Will probably only get some smoke blown up my arse but at least I will have tried.

Isn't it amazing how they can show so much concern and interest over $5.10 when they blow thousands on a hammer?

I have a buddy who says that people complain about government workers sitting around doing nothing. He says that isn't the problem. The problem is that government workers sit around thinking lame ideas to justify their sitting around. The ones who do nothing don't hurt us nearly as bad as the ones who think up stuff.

Jo, is Mr. Pruitt you representative? He's helped us get our point across on a few things now. There all politicians though. :D

HG, I'm further south than Pruitt. You are right, they are all politicians but there are two I know who seem to really try and fix some of this nonsense. I pity anyone trying to start a business today. Its just too complicated and they will eat you alive with fines and fees before you can even get on the learning curve. Lady beside me opted to hire all her book keeping out and her book keeper had a gambling problem and kept all her tax money for several years. IRS got on her and she showed where she had paid him and he went to jail but they still held her responsible for the money he stole from her and took everything she had left. Of course in Georgia we have the Victim's Advocacy Agency that is run by a retired politician's wife and they make the guy pay her $5/month in restitution. I think he will have her paid off in the year 3245 or something like that but they sure do draw some fine checks in that department.

Your inability to properly fill out a simple form indicates a need for re-education, comrade. Our customer service department will contact you soon with details on reporting to re-education camp. Please have payment for your tuition fees available when our apparatchiks arrive to transport you to camp.
Sincerely,
Ga Revenue Dept

You are apparently doing something wrong. If you were doing something right, you would still owe taxes that you were never planning to pay back, and would have a great relationship with the agencies expecting everyone else to pay, plus some.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/irs-ven ... 2D11765621

I have went round and round with Oklahoma. I moved out of state in 02. When I moved back in 05 they were not only going to withhold a state license I need to work, but they claimed that they were going to file a tax lean on me, for a payment I made 3 years previously. I told them that they cashed the check, it was up to them to find a copy of it. That didn't go over well. I don't understand how they can cash a check and not have any type of documentation of such action. And not only have no record, but make it my responsibility to show that they cashed the dam thing. :mad: :mad: Seems like a perfect place work and embezzle.

I finally found a copy after an extended number of letters with mean, awful, nasty, threatening words and threats. They were nice enough to not make me send them a request to decline to pay all their extra fees, but they could have also included a simple apology as well.

My brother in law works for a major corporation here in accounting. He swears that the state hires the bottom of the barrel and it is no wonder the problems occur that occur. He said however, that understanding this, you can use it to your advantage. Just be nice and then confuse them. Then provide them a way out which was the right way to begin with. If your nice, they will hold your hand and follow along.

Commercialfarmer":dpcc0l65 said:
I don't understand how they can cash a check and not have any type of documentation of such action. And not only have no record, but make it my responsibility to show that they cashed the dam thing. Seems like a perfect place work and embezzle.

Let me enlighten you because I recently learned the answer to this after trying to resolve another cluster fruck I have with another agency that sees fit to pester me. In this agency's case they have found that it is much cheaper to contract out the cashing of the checks than to do it themselves. In this case they turned to Kelley Systems - same bunch that will send you a temporary worker if you are short. Kelley Systems makes the deposit for the State agency and is supposed to send all the pertinent paper work to the agency to be handled.

I kid you not this is the truth. They have too many more important things to do than to deposit money and keep up with who sent it. Stranger than fiction? No. You have just boarded the Atlanta Crazy Train and its real.

Commercialfarmer":dpcc0l65 said:
My brother in law works for a major corporation here in accounting. He swears that the state hires the bottom of the barrel and it is no wonder the problems occur that occur.

I don't think this is necessarily true but I do think its only these type people who are promoted and promoted to their highest level of incompetence so their faces cannot be seen by the public.

Jogeephus":1t3etgqf said:
Commercialfarmer":1t3etgqf said:
My brother in law works for a major corporation here in accounting. He swears that the state hires the bottom of the barrel and it is no wonder the problems occur that occur.

I don't think this is necessarily true but I do think its only these type people who are promoted and promoted to their highest level of incompetence so their faces cannot be seen by the public.

You are right Jo. Re-reading, it is too broad and unfair of a statement. "Hires" is not the appropriate term, let's replace that with "generally employes". For purposes of the forum, I condensed the conversation. He said that he believes the good ones get pulled away by better paying opportunities. Many that can get a job else where will, because the pay scale is just so much less by the state in that department.

Latest posts