Colts v Saints

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I'm surprised at the unanimity of the pundits--and that worries me.
I've got the game 21-17 in favor of the Colts, but a lot of people are calling the total score in the 60's. Or 70's.
If the game goes into the 60 point range, the Saints will be the winner.
Colts defense is solid, even without Freeney. If they give up 30+ points the Saints will win.
I'm a fan, and I have to keep telling myself "it's only a game". :banana:

Not much of a pro sports fan, due to the spoiled millionaire factor, but I do really like Manning and his talent on as well as off the field. His arm will out do the Saints, but I think the spread will be larger.... 34-21 Colts.

Alan

Edit; I do love your avatar, best yet.

With the economy being what it is, I am wondering if the commercials are going to be up to par.

Now that Dallas got rid of T.O., I actually watched them this year. Saw Jerry's face too much tho.

Anyway, I only saw those teams when they came up against the Boys. I was not impressed with the D. Only seeing a couple of games and the play-offs, my opinion should not have much weight. But I believe the score is going to be in the 50's anyway. Maybe 60's.

Coincidently, I had a vision about this very thing early this morning, and it was clear as mud. Colts come out hot and jump to an early 17-3 lead, helped out by two Saints turnovers. Saints recover to close to 17-13 at halftime. As usual, Manning and the Colts offense figure everything out at halftime, the defense bends but doesn't break, and the Colts take a 31-16 lead into the fourth quarter. After a profanity laced tounge-lashing from Kim Kardashian, the Saints mount a furious rally and close to within 31-29, failing on a 2-point conversion with 5:15 left. Manning and the Colts then use short passes, mixed with a few running plays, to eat up the clock and score with 48 seconds left. Reggie Bush fumbles the ensuing kickoff, the Colts recover, Kim storms out of the stadium in disgust, and the Colts win 38-29.

Since the Saints had been saying for two weeks that they were going to make Manning pay for being possibly the best QB that ever lived, and the referees were on high alert, the Saints were flagged for four roughing the passer penalties, all coming at critical times. Gov. Bobby Jindal has to call the National Guard in to quell post game riots in New Orleans, and the sports talking heads have a field day for weeks talking about whether it was a good idea for the Saints to announce their intention to hurt Manning.

On the other hand, none of my previous visions have even come close to what actually happened. I'm hoping to see a good, clean game and may the best team win. I'll be rooting for the Colts, but I won't lose any sleep either way.

VanC":3qfexkeo said:
Coincidently, I had a vision about this very thing early this morning, and it was clear as mud. Colts come out hot and jump to an early 17-3 lead, helped out by two Saints turnovers. Saints recover to close to 17-13 at halftime. As usual, Manning and the Colts offense figure everything out at halftime, the defense bends but doesn't break, and the Colts take a 31-16 lead into the fourth quarter. After a profanity laced tounge-lashing from Kim Kardashian, the Saints mount a furious rally and close to within 31-29, failing on a 2-point conversion with 5:15 left. Manning and the Colts then use short passes, mixed with a few running plays, to eat up the clock and score with 48 seconds left. Reggie Bush fumbles the ensuing kickoff, the Colts recover, Kim storms out of the stadium in disgust, and the Colts win 38-29.

Since the Saints had been saying for two weeks that they were going to make Manning pay for being possibly the best QB that ever lived, and the referees were on high alert, the Saints were flagged for four roughing the passer penalties, all coming at critical times. Gov. Bobby Jindal has to call the National Guard in to quell post game riots in New Orleans, and the sports talking heads have a field day for weeks talking about whether it was a good idea for the Saints to announce their intention to hurt Manning.

On the other hand, none of my previous visions have even come close to what actually happened. I'm hoping to see a good, clean game and may the best team win. I'll be rooting for the Colts, but I won't lose any sleep either way.

Dang, Van. Now what do I do with the rest of the evening. Maybe an old episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"?

I'm going with the Colts. The Saints were lucky to get here but their luck has run out. I believe the refs are going to call a close game and that will hurt the Saints plans to punish Manning. Both defenses are poor so it would surprise me if this is a low scoring game. Manning and company won't be handing the Saints 5 turnovers. In fact I would be surprised if the Colts have A turnover and that is bad for the Saints as the only way they stop anybody is by taking the ball away. The Saints offense should play pretty well against an average Colts secondary. I just don't think the Saints can outgun the Colts. 34-28

Everybody is calling it a close game. I'm calling around a 3 TD score difference, but I'm not sure about the team. I'll say Colts.

Freeney's injury is a big difference maker, and could completely swing the game.

So much for it being a "close" game... LOL

and so much for my prediction on the Colts winning!!! :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Over the weekend I heard Greg Landry do an analysis and he kept saying if the colts Defense shows up.

Guess they didn't.

Actually they got to Drew only one time and that was Freeny undeer single coverage.

Defense still wins championships.

With two basically miror image teams with gunslinger quartebacks the team with the best defense won.

Greg Williams managed a good defense even when he was with the now lowly Redskins.

VanC":26gk6zhm said:

Must have been just a plain old dream. :lol:

1982vett":19w8949c said:
VanC":19w8949c said:

Must have been just a plain old dream. :lol:
Just needs new glasses for the visions

OK, so I got a few of the details wrong, but at least I picked the winner right. :lol2:

(Feb. 8) -- Colts win the Super Bowl!

In the rare case that you missed Sunday's game, woke up on Monday and checked the front page of the Virginian-Pilot's sports section to find out which team came out victorious, you would have learned that the Indianapolis Colts defeated the underdog New Orleans Saints by a score of 31-17.

In actuality, it was the Saints who bested the Colts by that same score.

"It's just one of those things," Maria Carrillo, the Virginian-Pilot's managing editor, told AOL News. "We went over every aspect of that story a dozen times. Everything but the score."

The newspaper, which is based in Norfolk, Va., caught its mistake before most readers, Carrillo said. On its Web site, the Virginian-Pilot posted an egg-on-face correction:

This morning's Virginian-Pilot Sports front featured a horrible error. We accidentally reversed the score of the Super Bowl.
We're embarrassed, and we apologize to all our readers, especially Saints fans.
In terms of morning-after gaffes, this is not quite the sports equivalent of "Dewey Defeats Truman." But word of the Virginian-Pilot's do-over has reached Twitter, where users seem to be having a good laugh at the paper's expense.

One Twitter user, jasontspenser, summed the episode up nicely:

Yes, Virginia, we need more copy editors.
"We are trying to find a little humor in this right now," Carrillo said. "One of our funniest responses from a reader was 'Who dat proofreading your paper?'"

So Van, If you can get several thousand more newspapers to change their story.....you would have been correct? :nod:

:secret: Ever have dreams about picking horses at the track?

1982vett":7tej6gn5 said:
So Van, If you can get several thousand more newspapers to change their story.....you would have been correct? :nod:

:secret: Ever have dreams about picking horses at the track?

I'm still working the phones. No takers yet. I'll get back to ya. :tiphat:

Latest posts