COLD.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
it was 67 degrees here today! fall is here. 2 more degrees and my coveralls are coming out. i bout froze to death out there today!

Awwwww, poor Beefy! :( Why not plan a visit to some of the northwestern states about January? I know the perfect place - Fargo, North Dakota - the coldest place in the US. Just think how warm Georgia would seem in comparison! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, Beefy, been chilly here in the mornings, upper 50's. Summer sure disappeared fast after Ernesto, huh?

Dropping to the 40's here at night. We should have our first freeze by the first week in October. I love fall, and even our winters, although brutal, are beautiful. Nothing like a new snow to make the world look clean.

Waking up to the mid 50's here.Aint it great!!!! Still getting up into the high 80's during the day but still a whole lot better than a few weeks ago!!!!

Chris

I don't get out of shorts and tanks until the days are below 60... this time of the year is some of the best for working outside. Maybe Beefy just isn't working hard enough to enjoy it! ;-) :lol:

Michele

Been getting cooler here also, glad to be rid of the hot, but hate that now it is time to cut some wood and clear some fence rows out that I been putting off till cooler fall weather.

After an offical 25 days in August with a high over 100 Seventy in the morning has me thinking about goose down. ;-) Z

Beefy":27x0mhsu said:
it was 67 degrees here today! fall is here. 2 more degrees and my coveralls are coming out. i bout froze to death out there today!

Are you putting a blanket on Demetrius at night? :lol:

Suck it up! :p

cfpinz

I have not seen even a scim of ice on a water trough is so many years it's redicules. We rreally need a good freeze (as much as my old bones dread it) to get rid of some of the bugs.Z

cfpinz":13wjcn56 said:
Beefy":13wjcn56 said:

Are you putting a blanket on Demetrius at night? :lol:

Suck it up! :p

cfpinz

Demetrius has two blankets. His waterproof one is purple and the standard one (his favorite) is chartreuse.

Beefy":3aqp6p0i said:

When is the last time you saw a snow? 1993?

snow?

93? hmm.. maybe. I saw it every year in athens while in college so its not really special enough to remember anymore. 93 may be about right for down here..

Beefy":3npb4lbu said:
snow?

93? hmm.. maybe. I saw it every year in athens while in college so its not really special enough to remember anymore. 93 may be about right for down here..

That would have been the big blizzard that went that far South.

1984 would probably have been the last 1 before that. I saw snow in Auburn.

62 makes me shiver too.

weve gotten snow down here when places farther north like Macon did not. i remember it snowing down here about 5 or 6 times in my lifetime but it only stuck about twice. i remember one time it actually snowed on christmas though other times i remember were in march.

Folks talking about snow...suppose it will be time to chain up the o'l Ollie next month.
First good chill the other night...38 degrees but had a heat wave right behind it.
Saw the first flock of Canadas taking a lay over in a fresh plowed wheat field...winter's on it's way.
And we're not even in what we call cold country.
Better start cutting extra fire wood.
DMc

-3 celcius this morning (about 27 farenhiet) sure changed from summer to fall real quick. this is called smarten up weather --lets you know you only have so long to get things done ,Won't be long it will be 30 below

carl

Latest posts