Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
It's gonna get cold here in central Texas today. Guess I had better pull out my long johns. Boy, what a sight.

Dick

Yesterday morning when I went out to feed, ice on the car, still freezing. Today it was 50 outside, same time as yesterday. Tomorrow will be down to 20s. God I love that Texas weather.

The wind chill is -20 and dropping here. The snow is to the east of us and we need moisture badly. !!

Don;t know about wind chill, I ain;t going out till I have to, but the temp is all the way up to 13 now. Gonna need to break out the shorts and sun tan lotion pretty quick

dun

-14 F here this morning along with our first snow. wind blowing makes it a little cooler. weather.com says -8 F feels like -22 F. BBBBRRRRRRRRRR

Quarter to 9AM and -8. But sunny and nice with no wind. Just love this weather.

-18 last night, we got up to 6 yesterday, and 5 today. I am so ready for summer!

From listening to the other folks it looks like we're having nice weather at -10 and no wind but we're sheltered with timber on the south and west and hills on the north.
The girls get an extra ration od corn in the evening to balance out the energy consumption from the cold...even broke down and grained Sam the Bull. DMc

-15F this morning, didn't get above 10F today....it's around -15 again this evening and I have a feeling it'll be lower by morning.

Getting a bit chilly over here. :lol:

TxCoUnTrYbOy":nkfuqg3r said:
It is definately cold enough here in Houston at 41 right now. A few more months until summer. Cant wait.
Ahhh. Bull. Then you gonna be crying it's to hot and humid. Be wanting to go to the swimming pool and cool off all the time.

milkmaid":w9cuut45 said:
-15F this morning, didn't get above 10F today....it's around -15 again this evening and I have a feeling it'll be lower by morning.

Getting a bit chilly over here. :lol:

There is a bright side, Milkmaid.....shivering burns calories! If the temps keep up here, I'm going to be a size 2 by spring! :roll:

msscamp":3sre62og said:
There is a bright side, Milkmaid.....shivering burns calories! If the temps keep up here, I'm going to be a size 2 by spring! :roll:

:lol: :lol: Only my fingers and nose get cold when I'm outside. In addition to the sweatshirt(s), I wear Carhartt coveralls, and THEN a Carhartt jacket over it. I stay pretty warm with that many layers... I do need warmer gloves though. Maybe for Christmas.

Area just 15-20 miles north of us was -28F this morning, and all the schools in the district were closed today. Buses wouldn't start. :shock: :lol:

milkmaid":2zj82pyy said:
msscamp":2zj82pyy said:

:lol: :lol: Only my fingers and nose get cold when I'm outside. In addition to the sweatshirt(s), I wear Carhartt coveralls, and THEN a Carhartt jacket over it. I stay pretty warm with that many layers... I do need warmer gloves though. Maybe for Christmas.

Area just 15-20 miles north of us was -28F this morning, and all the schools in the district were closed today. Buses wouldn't start. :shock: :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that there just aren't gloves made that will keep the fingers warm. Even my insulated gloves don't do the trick. :???: I've got the insulated coveralls and they do very well at keeping the body warm, just have to figure out how to keep the fingers and toes warm. I wear glasses, so my nose is on it's own! Nothing to do about it as anything that will keep my face warm causes my glasses to fog up. :(

I wear gloves until it's -10 then I put on the chopper mittens. My hands sweat with them on even when it's -30. It's hard to work in them, but when I'm on the tractor or skidsteer they are awesome.

At about 9 this morning it was 29 here with wind chill of 13. This isnt even the really cold morning. Tomorrow is gonna be worse. A little after 1pm now and its just at 32. Im just glad this is probably gonna be the coldest day for this winter.

Latest posts